TaskSpace issue: No application role is assigned to the user

peijuncao
edited December 30, 2008 in Documentum #1

I am new to Taskspace.

I use Apache Tomcat application server to run Taskspace.

Here is what I did:

- Content server 6.5 installed and runs on a separate server

- Apache Tomcat runs on my PC, connecting to the docbase

- Installed TaskSpaceDARInstaller.  Before installing Taskspace DAR, saw error message like "TaskSpace application is unavailable".  This error has been fixed.

- try to access Taskspace from my IE 6.0 browser.

- after click "login" button, saw error:

No application role is assigned to the user

How to fix this issue?
Thanks

Best Answer

• Chris_Campbell
    edited December 18, 2008 #2 Answer ✓

Looks like the DAR wasn't installed correctly using Headless Composer.  If it was done successfully, the user account that you installed the DAR with would have been added to the ts_designer, form_designer, queue_admin and queue_advance_processor roles.

Make that that you:

1. Have the Headless Composer installed, and not just the full blown version of Composer.
    2. Have JDK 1.5 installed and that the JAVA_HOME environment system variable has been set correctly.
    3. You've modified the install.properties file from the TaskSpaceDARInstaller.zip file to match your repository settings.
    4. Edit the installDAR.bat file to point to the proper location of the headless composer.
    5. You actually run the InstallDAR.bat file from the command line so it fires off the Ant build script and you can see any errors generated.

Keep in mind, that all these steps can (and should) be done from your PC and not directly at the Content Server.

Answers

• Chris_Campbell
    edited December 18, 2008 #3 Answer ✓

Looks like the DAR wasn't installed correctly using Headless Composer.  If it was done successfully, the user account that you installed the DAR with would have been added to the ts_designer, form_designer, queue_admin and queue_advance_processor roles.

Make that that you:

1. Have the Headless Composer installed, and not just the full blown version of Composer.
    2. Have JDK 1.5 installed and that the JAVA_HOME environment system variable has been set correctly.
    3. You've modified the install.properties file from the TaskSpaceDARInstaller.zip file to match your repository settings.
    4. Edit the installDAR.bat file to point to the proper location of the headless composer.
    5. You actually run the InstallDAR.bat file from the command line so it fires off the Ant build script and you can see any errors generated.

Keep in mind, that all these steps can (and should) be done from your PC and not directly at the Content Server.

• peijuncao
    edited December 18, 2008 #4

I used darinstaller.exe (located in the Composer root directory) to install TaskSpaceDARInstaller file.

The DAR installer reported installation executed successfully.

After seeing your reply, I re-checked the installation log, and found error like these:

[DEBUG] dmbasic.exe output : Failed to alter role ts_designer

[DEBUG] dmbasic.exe output : Failed to alter role form_designer

Action taken to correct the above errors:

- add the user to these roles: ts_designer, form_designer, queue_admin, and queue_advance_processor roles.

"Failed to alter role ts_designer", to me, should be categorized as [FATAL], not [DEBUG]

But anyway, my problem is fixed.  Thank you very much.

• ShyamPrasad
    edited December 30, 2008 #5

Check if the user you are trying to login with has 'ts_designer' role. This role will be assigned by default to the user with which taskspace dar was installed.