Importing system types in Composer

Iqbal
edited December 29, 2008 in Documentum #1

Hi,

I am working on 6.5 for a couple of months. We have developed two forms using forms builder and created a docapp using DAB, while trying to install it gave us erros unless we add the required documentum object types like

dm_xfm_form

dm_xfm_instance

dm_xfm_resource

dm_xfm_schema

etc.

It has installed successfully on another docbase after we added them. Now when i try to create the composer project using repository docapp, it created project with all the relation types and system types, but while building the project it throws errors like

"Type name is invalid, Releation type must not begin with 'dm' "

"Type name is invalid, Type name must not begin with 'dm' "

Please find attached file "composer.jpg" the screenshot of composer project.

If I remove the system object types starting with 'dm' and relation types starting with 'dm', then composer shows errors with the forms developed which are referencing to these objects.

Could anyone explain to solve this problem?, Is composer doesn't support having system object types to be in the project?

Thanks & Best regards,

Iqbal

Best Answer

• John
    edited December 24, 2008 #2 Answer ✓

Hi Iqbal,

Ok, in that case I think you need to download and use the Forms Builder reference project from the download center.

Cheers, John.

Answers

• John
    edited December 24, 2008 #3

Hi,

The Composer project cannot hold core dm_ artifacts so you have to point your project at a reference project (the DocumentumCoreProject) which contains all the Content Server provided artifacts. See 'Composer Reference Projects' in Chapter 2 of the Composer User Guide.

Cheers, John

• Iqbal
    edited December 24, 2008 #4

Hi John,

The DocumetumCoreProject is already been referenced. But this project doesn't have the object types required for my docapp. Even if i try to import them to DocumentumCoreProject, composer reports error without any clear message.

Iqbal

• John
    edited December 24, 2008 #5 Answer ✓

Hi Iqbal,

Ok, in that case I think you need to download and use the Forms Builder reference project from the download center.

Cheers, John.

• Iqbal
    edited December 24, 2008 #6

Hi John,

I couldn't find form builder reference project in the download center. Is it available in developer network. Could you please forward the link to me if you have?

Best regards,

Iqbal

• Iqbal
    edited December 25, 2008 #7

Hi John,

I have found reference project in 6.5 SP1 downloads. Thanks for your response.

Best regards,

Iqbal

• david.louie
    edited December 29, 2008 #8

Hi Iqbal,

I'm glad you found the reference project you were looking for.  For other people's benefit, the reference project that these types were in is called the TCMReferenceProject.  It's available for download on SubscribeNet.

For tips on how to use Reference Projects, take a look at the section "Composer reference projects" in the Composer User Guide.  You'll find information on when you need reference projects, why they exist, and how to use them.

Thanks!