Form document processors issue in Taskspace

Options
nganesh21
edited November 3, 2009 in Documentum #1

Hello.

I have a generic form configured with a post submission adaptor to kickoff a workflow. The adaptor is configured with the workflowTemplateId initial parameter. On taskspace, the form is displayed on a separate tab. After the user completes the form and clicks submit a null pointer exception is thrown on submit.

I attempted to troubleshoot this using a custom document processor adaptor and noticed that the form instance object id is NOT getting passed through the DocbaseXFormsContext object to the execute() method of the IDocbaseDocumentProcessor interface.

The same form works fine in webtop and the workflow gets initiated on submitting the form.

Could this be a bug? Any experience with using document processor adaptor with forms and taskspace?

Thanks,

Ganesh.

15:00:42,343 ERROR [http-8080-1] com.documentum.xforms.engine.chiba.SubmissionHandlerProxy - Error occurred processing submission
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.documentum.xforms.engine.adaptor.processor.StartWorkflowPostProcessor.execute(StartWorkflowPostProcessor.java:76)
at com.documentum.xforms.engine.adaptor.processor.DocumentProcessorExecutor.execute(DocumentProcessorExecutor.java:64)
at com.documentum.xforms.engine.chiba.SubmissionHandlerProxy.submit(SubmissionHandlerProxy.java:161)
at org.chiba.xml.xforms.Submission.submit(Submission.java:538)
at org.chiba.xml.xforms.Submission.performDefault(Submission.java:495)
at org.chiba.xml.xforms.XFormsDocument.performDefault(XFormsDocument.java:183)
at org.chiba.xml.xforms.XFormsDocument.dispatchEvent(XFormsDocument.java:155)
at com.documentum.xerces_2_8_0.xerces.dom.NodeImpl.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.chiba.xml.xforms.Container.dispatch(Container.java:556)
at org.chiba.xml.xforms.Container.dispatch(Container.java:510)
at org.chiba.xml.xforms.Container.dispatch(Container.java:486)
at org.chiba.xml.xforms.Container.dispatch(Container.java:473)
at org.chiba.xml.xforms.action.SendAction.perform(SendAction.java:196)
at org.chiba.xml.xforms.action.ActionAction.perform(ActionAction.java:171)
at org.chiba.xml.xforms.action.AbstractAction.handleEvent(AbstractAction.java:191)
at com.documentum.xerces_2_8_0.xerces.dom.DocumentImpl.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.chiba.xml.xforms.XFormsDocument.dispatchEvent(XFormsDocument.java:147)
at com.documentum.xerces_2_8_0.xerces.dom.NodeImpl.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at org.chiba.xml.xforms.Container.dispatch(Container.java:556)
at org.chiba.xml.xforms.Container.dispatch(Container.java:510)
at org.chiba.xml.xforms.Container.dispatch(Container.java:486)
at org.chiba.xml.xforms.Container.dispatch(Container.java:473)
at org.chiba.xml.xforms.ChibaBean.dispatch(ChibaBean.java:594)
at com.documentum.xforms.engine.chiba.ChibaProcessor.processImpl(ChibaProcessor.java:456)
at com.documentum.xforms.engine.AbstractXFormsProcessor.process(AbstractXFormsProcessor.java:116)
at com.documentum.xforms.engine.chiba.ChibaProcessor.process(ChibaProcessor.java:916)
at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.XForms.onClickButton(Unknown Source)
at com.documentum.web.formext.control.xforms.xformscontrol.XFormsTriggerControl.onButtonClick(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.documentum.web.form.FormProcessor.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)
at com.documentum.web.form.FormProcessor.invokeMethod(Unknown Source)
at com.documentum.web.form.FormProcessor.fireActionEvent(Unknown Source)
at com.documentum.web.form.RecallOperation.execute(Unknown Source)
at com.documentum.web.form.FormProcessor.processAction(Unknown Source)
at com.documentum.web.form.FormAction.processAction(Unknown Source)
at com.documentum.web.env.WDKController.doStartRequest(Unknown Source)
at com.documentum.web.env.WDKController.processRequest(Unknown Source)
at com.documentum.web.env.WDKController.doFilter(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:220)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:227)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:174)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:104)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:211)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:817)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:623)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:444)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
15:00:42,359 ERROR [http-8080-1] org.chiba.xml.xforms.Container - keeping org.chiba.xml.xforms.exception.XFormsSubmitError for rethrowal
Exception in thread "Resource Housekeeper" java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.documentum.fc.common.DfLogger.getCurrentPrefix(DfLogger.java:535)
at com.documentum.fc.common.DfLogger.getLogger(DfLogger.java:387)
at com.documentum.fc.common.DfLogger.error(DfLogger.java:113)
at com.documentum.fc.internal.reshousekeeper.ResourceHousekeeper$1.run(ResourceHousekeeper.java:49)

Best Answer

• buechk
    edited October 29, 2009 #2 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Ganesh,

I had a similar experience when I tried to use the MoveOrLinkToLocationPostProcessor adaptor from a form that was being displayed as a TaskSpace tab. I found out that when a form template is used in a TaskSpace tab, the XML instance is created in memory. There is not a corresponding object created in the repository. Would it be feasible to change the design of the application a bit so that the form is not displayed as a TaskSpace tab? In my case, I ended up configuring an action based on "Create a new form" and invoking this action from a button in order to create the XML instance as a repository object.

Kristy

Answers

• buechk
    edited October 29, 2009 #3 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Ganesh,

I had a similar experience when I tried to use the MoveOrLinkToLocationPostProcessor adaptor from a form that was being displayed as a TaskSpace tab. I found out that when a form template is used in a TaskSpace tab, the XML instance is created in memory. There is not a corresponding object created in the repository. Would it be feasible to change the design of the application a bit so that the form is not displayed as a TaskSpace tab? In my case, I ended up configuring an action based on "Create a new form" and invoking this action from a button in order to create the XML instance as a repository object.

Kristy

• nganesh21
    edited November 3, 2009 #4
    Options
    Thanks Kristy. We submitted a service request with EMC and received the same response.