MultipartFormDataRequest API : Corrupt form data: premature ending

jyobeer
edited November 24, 2009 in Documentum #1

Hi,

I have a custom component

where i am using MultipartFormDataRequest for file upload

but while i am initializing it through the request object its breaking up and throws the below stack trace

Can anybody help please

Its urgent

java.io.IOException: Corrupt form data: premature ending
        at com.oreilly.servlet.multipart.MultipartParser.<init>(MultipartParser.java:166)
        at javazoom.upload.parsing.CosMultipartParser.handleRequest(Unknown Source)
        at javazoom.upload.MultipartFormDataRequest.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at jsp_servlet._novel._library._properties.__testproperties._jspService(__testproperties.java:317)
        at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:226)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:124)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:283)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.onAddToMapException(ServletStubImpl.java:391)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:309)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.TailFilter.doFilter(TailFilter.java:26)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:42)
        at com.documentum.web.servlet.CompressionFilter.doFilter(CompressionFilter.java:114)
        at com.documentum.web.env.WDKController.processRequest(WDKController.java:95)
        at com.documentum.web.env.WDKController.doFilter(WDKController.java:83)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3368)
        at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
        at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Unknown Source)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2117)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2023)
        at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1359)
        at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:200)
        at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:172)

Tagged:

Comments

• clonak
    edited November 23, 2009 #2

HI  Jyobeer:

I'm not sure what happened to my post.  I'll try this again.

I was interested in how your user name came about.  Is it your last name -or your love of beer or otherwise??

I have posted your question onto the Developer Community due to its technical nature.  I am confident that this community can assist you.  Are there any more details that you can supply to ensure clarity to your resolution?

I see that your request is rather urgent.  I hope the community can assist you.  Thank you for your confidence in the communities!

Best regards,
    Kelly

• jyobeer
    edited November 24, 2009 #3

Hi Kelly,

thanks for the reply

will tell u later about how i get the user name like this privately

Actually i am having a urget delivery to give and not able to resolve the above mentioned problem

as far as i have gone through the problem documentum wraps the request object to some other form and while initializing  MultipartFormDataRequest

its not taking that request as granted.

I have tried with simple j2ee application with the unwrapped form of the request which does work properly.

I did a work around to carry out the problem

Here is what i did

I have written a custom filter to add it up to the web.xml which does look like the attached one

However i am not that much confident about the filter concept

but what i did observe is that the request passes through the filter 2 times.

I debuged it and found that for the first time its passing through the filter smoothly

but for the 2nd time the request againg get wrapped up by documentum and it doesn't allow to initialze the MultipartFormDataRequest and throws exception.

looking forward to here from u soon..........

thanks in advance

• Hi All,

I am also facing the same issue from a couple of days, please provide the solution for this.

Thanks In Advance,

Best,
    Ravi Kumar.