What about BPMN?

Miller
edited January 28, 2010 in Documentum #1

Hello!

At the http://software.emc.com/bpm there is a "Flash Demo: EMC Documentum Process Suite" (at the bottom of the page). In the section, which tells about the Deploy phase, we see a screenshot of some product.

BPMN.PNG

Apparently, this is Process Builder of some old version. And we can see here the BPMN notation.

Give that you know about the support BPMN notation in EMC products? (new versions, not old

Thanks and regards, Konstantin

Best Answer

• jsilver
    edited January 14, 2010 #2 Answer ✓
    The product in the screenshot is indeed Documentum Process Builder, now part of our xCelerated Composition Platform (xCP).  xCP is the evolution of our Process Suite that provides a comprehensive platform for composing and deploying case-based applications for improving and automating business processes.  The notation used in Process Builder is closely related to BPMN, and we plan to enhance xCP to support relevant portions of the BPMN 2.0 specification that is currently in progress.

Answers

• jsilver
    edited January 14, 2010 #3 Answer ✓
    The product in the screenshot is indeed Documentum Process Builder, now part of our xCelerated Composition Platform (xCP).  xCP is the evolution of our Process Suite that provides a comprehensive platform for composing and deploying case-based applications for improving and automating business processes.  The notation used in Process Builder is closely related to BPMN, and we plan to enhance xCP to support relevant portions of the BPMN 2.0 specification that is currently in progress.
  • Miller
    edited January 19, 2010 #4

Hi Jerry,

Thanks a lot!

Correct me if I wrong. In current version 6.5 SP2 there is no such symbols (or artifacts in terms of BPMN) like events or gateways? (I know how realized the functionality of gateways in Process Builder, I talking about 'diamond' symbol.) I just want to clarify for myself and be sure that nothing is missed.

Thanks and regards,

Konstantin.

• DCTM_Guru
    edited January 19, 2010 #5

This may be part of Process Analyzer product:

http://www.emc.com/products/detail/software/process-analyzer.htm

• Miller
    edited January 19, 2010 #6

Hi Johny,

May be. But unlikely. Look at the screenshot below with the last version 6.5 SP2 of Process Builder and compare it with the first one. There is much in common, don't you think?

Process Builder.PNG

But again, in current version 6.5.SP1 of Process Analyzer there is just one thing that we can name as BPMN's artifact - this is the swimlane. And nothing else.

Well, let's wait for support of the BPMN 2.0

• jsilver
    edited January 27, 2010 #7

You're correct that we don't support all BPMN artifacts.  We're looking into greater BPMN compliance in a future release.

Regards,

Jerry

• Miller
    edited January 28, 2010 #8

OK, I see.

Thanks!

• Dear jsilver,
    Could you please advise the status of BPMN support in the latest xCP version 2.3 ? if it is not supported, could you please let me know when is it expected to be supported ?

Thanks & Best Regards,