Free Download - Documentum 6.6 Developer Edition Has Arrived

jsilver
edited December 14, 2012 in Documentum #1

We've just made Documentum 6.6 Developer Edition available for download from EDN.

You can read about the new features in 6.6 here:

Regards,

Jerry

Tagged:

Comments

• EdSteenhoek
    edited July 21, 2010 #2

Jerry,

There is also a xCP Developer Edition 1.0 available on Powerlink as part of the customer/partner downloads.

Craig Peters responded 5 weeks agon on Twitter: "xCP 1.5 Developer Edition is delayed several weeks.  I hope we'll have it available mid-July.  The 6.6 release IS xCP 1.5."

However, when I unpacked the zip last night and went over the installation document, it appears as if it's not xCP.

Can you comment on what to expect around an xCP Developer Edition 1.5

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Ed

• K.Chandru
    edited July 21, 2010 #3

Will the 6.6 developer edition will work on windows 7 ?.The installation guide says the client application will work but the content server should be installed on xp sp3  or winows server. Anbody installed it ?

• Miller-zzMST
    edited July 21, 2010 #4

Hi!

Some times ago I have installed xCP DevEdition on Win 7 and all worked fine.

In fact, xCP DevEdition doesn't differ from Documentun DevEdition - I think we can say that the first is an extended version of the second. So, I think it will work.

• K.Chandru
    edited July 21, 2010 #5

Thanks for the reply.

What are the products included in that suite?

• Miller-zzMST
    edited July 21, 2010 #6

xCP Developer Edition includes the following products:

• TaskSpace
    • Process Engine / Process Integrator
    • Process Builder
    • Forms Builder
    • Content Server
    • Business Activity Monitor

Webtop is not included.

More learn you can here. And you can get it if you have PowerLink Dowload Center account.

• EdSteenhoek
    edited July 21, 2010 #7

If you have a Powerlink download account, you can at least find it as part of the trial software.

But beware: the download of xCP as is available today, is 1.0 based upon Documentum 6.5Sp2

An xCP 1.5 developer edition based upon 6.6 is - as far as I know - not (yet) available.

Therefore my question ;-)

Regards,

Ed

• Miller-zzMST
    edited July 21, 2010 #8
    you can at least find it as part of the trial software

Yes it is in the trail section. But this is fully functional installation and as developer you can use its for free (ASFIK).

I am interested too to know whether something specific about the time the release of version 1.5.

Regards,

Konstantin

• K.Chandru
    edited July 21, 2010 #9

Any database include in the package?

• EdSteenhoek
    edited July 21, 2010 #10
    Any database include in the package?

Included as usual MS SQL Express 2005 but it is documented how to use an existing db.

The attached PDF is included in the download.

Regards,

Ed

• K.Chandru
    edited July 21, 2010 #11

Pardon me for  not mentioning xCP developer edition .

Actually  i was asking  about it.

• EdSteenhoek
    edited July 21, 2010 #12

Still the same answer.

As said by Miller-zzMST / Konstantin Melnik:

In fact, xCP DevEdition doesn't differ from Documentun DevEdition - I  think we can say that the first is an extended version of the second

The basis for both is the same content server with the same database.

xCP 1.5 Developer Edition = Documentum Developer Edition 6.6 +  TaskSpace + Process Engine / Process Integrator + Process  Builder +

Forms Builder + Business  Activity Monitor -/- Webtop

Therefor I would say that the documentation of this developer edition would be applicable for that part to a future 1.5 xCP developer edition.

• Samdarshi.Pali
    edited July 21, 2010 #13

I just checked Powerlink software trial download site for  xCP developer edition. As of  today there is no xCP developer edition available for download.

- Samdarshi

• EdSteenhoek
    edited July 21, 2010 #14
    no xCP developer edition available for download

Did you look in the right place?

On Powerlink go here: Home  >  Support  >  Software Downloads and Licensing  > Documentum Download Center

Then select Download Products- Click to download your products, download your license keys, or view your Docbase IDs in the content area.

This will bring you to subscribenet where the downloads are.

Select Trial Software from the navigation and scroll down to Documentum xCelerated Composition Platform.

Although it is 1.0, it's still there

• Samdarshi.Pali
    edited July 21, 2010 #15

You are correct. It is available. Description on trial software list is - "Documentum xCelerated Composition Platform".

- Samdarshi

• K.Chandru
    edited July 23, 2010 #16

I have downloaded xCP developer edition in split formats image0001,image0002..imag0024.

I merged the files   using this command COPY /B IMAGE* xcp.zip

When i try to open the archive its showing invalid archive.

I tried iso,rar format  also but  result is same.

I am able to view the file using winrar but could not extract it.

What is the exact procedure to merge these files.

• jsilver
    edited July 23, 2010 #17

You did the right thing, using the DOS Copy command.  If you're confident that the files downloaded intact then you should log a service request to report the problem.  Most people just do the single file download and it's possible there's a problem with the multiple file option for this product.  I did notice that someone on the support forum had this problem but eventually got it to work: https://community.emc.com/message/440241#440241.  I'll mention this to product management so they're aware of the issue.

In response to the other messages, I'm checking into the availability of a 1.5 Dev Edition and will let you know asap.

• jsilver
    edited July 23, 2010 #18

xCP Developer Edition 1.5 is planned for release in mid-August.

You should be able to get to the xCP Developer Edition Trial Download (currently 1.0) by following this link >> .  Note that this is only for customers and partners that have a Powerlink account.  Please let me know if you have trouble getting to the download this way - Powerlink access is dynamic and depends on the entitlements you have been granted, so it's possible that not all Powerlink users have access to this download.

Thanks,

Jerry

• K.Chandru
    edited July 24, 2010 #19

Hi jerry thanks for the reply. I have downloaded  DCTM 6.6 developer edition and some of that files have CRC errors.

CRC Error.png

I could replace the SQLEXPR_ADV.EXE with the one downloaded from  microsoft.Dont know how to replace the other two files (webapps.jar and bocs-ws),

Any way to solve this problem without downloading it again?

I  also have DCTM 6.5 sp2 developer edition ,is there a chance to use the files  from it to replace broken  6.6 files.

• cpeters
    edited August 11, 2010 #20

Please do NOT use files from a previous release as a replacement.  I have not yet had a chance to download and concatenate the separate files as you have done.  But I did just test downloading the file as a single zip file and then used WinZip 9.0 to test the file.  WinZip reported

No errors detected in compressed data of C:\Documents and Settings\peterc\My Documents\EMC\Developer_Edition_6.6_windows_sql.zip.

Perhaps there is some odd interaction happening with the concatenated ZIP and WinRAR.  Can you try the WinZip client?

• jsilver
    edited August 19, 2010 #21

We've just added several sets of documentation for the 6.6 Developer Edition release:

Administration and Concepts

Documentum Administrator User Guide

Content Server Fundamentals

Webtop User Guide

Development

Composer: Building a Documentum Application Tutorial (Version 6.5 SP2)

Composer User Guide

Documentum Foundation Services (DFS) Development Guide

Documentum Enterprise Content Services Reference

Content Server DQL Reference

Documentum Foundation Classes (DFC) Development Guide

Documentum System Object Reference

Web Development Kit (WDK) Development Guide

Web Development Kit (WDK) and Webtop Reference Guide

Platform Extensions

Content Services for EMC Centera 1.2c Administration Guide

Documentum High - Volume Server Development Guide

Retention Policy Services Administrator User Guide (Version 6.5 SP3)

Release Notes

Composer Version 6.6 Release Notes

Documentum Foundation Services (DFS) Version 6.6 Release Notes

Documentum Foundation Classes (DFC) Version 6.6 Release Notes

Web Development Kit (WDK) Version 6.6 Release Notes

Webtop Version 6.6 Release Notes

All of these are available on the Download Page.

• jjoyce@eroom.com
    edited August 20, 2010 #22

Is there a way to test RSA Access Manager using the Dev Edition? RSA uses an IIS ISAPI filter so I'm assuming there is an ISAPI filter to connect to Webtop? Any suggestion would be great. Thanks. 

• vasanthk_mudavatu
    edited February 16, 2011 #23

Great Newsss..Trail version!  how long it'll be active once u install it?

• DCTM_Guru
    edited February 16, 2011 #24

There is no "ticking clock" or expiration date.  However, once newer version of Developer Edition is available, this version will no longer be accessible.

• Samdarshi.Pali
    edited June 21, 2011 #25

Any news for Documentum 6.7 Developer Edition availability?

• jsilver
    edited June 27, 2011 #26

Expected soon.  Watch here for an announcement.

• matt-medicis
    edited January 23, 2012 #27

Hi Jerry - Any update on Dev Edition 6.7?

• jsilver
    edited February 10, 2012 #28

With Documentum 7 and xCP 2.0 coming soon, we're considering holding off on a 6.7 Developer Edition.  Please let me know what impact this will have on your projects.

• matt-medicis
    edited February 10, 2012 #29

Jerry - We would like to use Developers Edition version 6.7 to demo / "do a proof of concept" of the Documentum Mobile application as well as version 6.7 of DCM with 6.7 Content Server.

Thanks for your help with this.

Matt

• EdSteenhoek
    edited February 10, 2012 #30

Hi Jerry,

We're already running on ancient (I know, exaggerating...) versions for demo's, PoC's and sales.

Knowing our client behavior, they won't be jumping xCP 2 or Documentum 7 in the first months after its release.

If 'soon' would be march 2012, it means we'll be using the old stuff probably until summer is over.

If 'soon' is this summer, it will be until 2013 that we'll have to use the current developer edition.

Can we survive that? The question is: do we have a choice?

I believe that if you give the community that choice, we don't want to wait until D7/xCP2 but want a current developer edition asap. At least, I do

Cheers,

Ed

• jsilver
    edited February 17, 2012 #31

Thanks for the feedback on the 6.7 release.  I can't promise anything but we are discussing this with product management, and your comments are very helpful.