How can i create Recyclebin Component in Webtop?

sunita
edited August 7, 2015 in Documentum #1

Dear All,

I have a requirement that I need to create a recyclebin componenet in webtop and when users will delete any documents it will come to the recyclebin.

Kindly help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• DCTM_Guru
    edited November 16, 2009 #3 Answer ✓

There's some old recycle bin code as part of the Component Exchange:

http://developer.emc.com/developer/componentexchange.htm

It may still work with 6.5, but if it doesnt, you should only have to make slight mods, since the design is relatively straight forward.

• sunita
    edited November 17, 2009 #4

Hi Jo,

Thanks for replying.

It is really helpful.

Now i am trying to implement this one in DCTM 6.5

If i will face any issue i will post my problem in forum.

BR,

Sonu

• sunita
    edited November 28, 2009 #5

Hi All,

Thanks for this recycle bin component.

I got the Webtop recycle bin code from the following emc developer site.

http://developer.emc.com/developer/UnlockZipInfo.htm?sURL=/developer/Component_Exchange/downloads/RecyclebinCode.zip

After downloading and extracting the zip file, I got one PDF manual (named as RecycleBinWriteup.pdf).  On page 7 of this PDF I got the following contents.

Extract the contents of the zip file into a directory. The following should get extracted
    - This PDF file,
    - The components,
      o DpRecycleBinService.class
      o DpRecycleBinTBO.class
      o IDpRecycleBinService.class
      o IDpRecycleBinTBO.class
      o RecycleBin.class
      o recycle_bin.jsp
    - The configuration files
      o recycle_bin_action.xml
      o recycle_bin_component.xml
      o boconfig.xml
    - The icons
      o lgrecyclebin0.gif
      o smrecyclebin0.gif
    - src.zip

But when I extract the ZIP file after downloading from the above site, then I did not get any components.

Kindly help me how can I get that one.

Thanks in advance.

• aashishpatil
    edited November 28, 2009 #6

The downloadable zip has two files -  a PDF manual and another zip file. This other zip file contains all the code. See screenshot below of the downloaded zip file.

Thanks,

Aashish

recycle_bin_zip.jpg

• sunita
    edited November 28, 2009 #7

Hi Aashish,

yes the downloadable zip has two files -  a PDF manual and another zip file. This other zip file contains all the code. See screenshot below of the downloaded zip file.

But after extracting another zip file (Recyclebin Code.zip) also i am not getting the classes mentioned in the components in page 7 of the PDF.

- The components
    o DpRecycleBinService.class
    o DpRecycleBinTBO.class
    o IDpRecycleBinService.class
    o IDpRecycleBinTBO.class
    o RecycleBin.class
    o recycle_bin.jsp

Kindly help on this how can i proceed?

• aashishpatil
    edited November 30, 2009 #8

Hi,

There is a typo in the PDF. It should have been .java and not .class.

The java code comes bundled with the zip. The .class files can be generated after compiling this code.For all the .class files below, you can find the corresponding .java files in the zip.

Thanks,

Aashish

• snanda
    edited July 23, 2015 #9

HI Aashish,  Having the same requirement (recycle bin ) in webtop . I followed all steps which has been mentioned  but still it didn't work for me .   When the recycle bin cabinet is empty then also it is not coming as mentioned in the pdf , its appearing no items found ( so is there something wrong with the component and action .xml files )

• snanda
    edited July 24, 2015 #10

Have register the Services and these services are not getting  called it seems .

How i have register the services is :  In dbor.properties file have added the services as follows:-

com.documentum.devprog.recyclebin.IDpRecycleBinService = service,com.documentum.devprog.recyclebin.DpRecycleBinService,1.0

com.documentum.devprog.recyclebin.IDpRecycleBinTBO = type,com.documentum.devprog.recyclebin.DpRecycleBinTBO,1.0

We have register the services there, how it will get invoked?

Do we need to run some commands or it will take on its own .(Because these services are not getting called so only this functionality is not working as expected.)

• Alvaro_de_Andres
    edited July 27, 2015 #11

Check this:

• GG3
    GG3
    edited July 29, 2015 #12

@snanda,

The registration process that you have mentioned is not used anymore. You need to create TBO and SBO modules. Please refer Webtop Dev Guide 6.5 for further information. Hope this helps.

• snanda
    edited August 7, 2015 #13

ok ...

i was going through some of the links and http://ajithp.com/2009/07/20/service-based-objects-sbos-in-documentum/ here in this link found they were discussing about some zip code and they were deploying the SBO .

I need to create recycle bin in webtop , so for that i need to create a SBO and TBO so can someone please share the zip code for that and the steps which needs to be followed.

Thanks