Can I create Custom lifecycle for Retention Policy

Options
susmita24
edited March 16, 2016 in Documentum #1

Hi,

For creation of retention policy, there are 6 default retention policy lifecycles as 1 Phase + Final, 2 Phase + final, 3 Phase + final... and 6 Phase + final.

Can I create my own custom lifecycle which I can use for creation of retention policy and write some custom methods for lifecycle?

Thanks,

Smita

Tagged:

Comments

• DCTM_Guru
    edited March 15, 2016 #2
    Options

I dont believe so.  What requirements do you have that cannot be addressed by 6 Phases that is provided by out of the box?  Keep in mind RPS is designed for after a document has been through "active" lifecycle and is essence in a steady state.  If can create custom lifecycle for normal/active content management that have nothing to do with RPS.

• susmita24
    edited March 16, 2016 #3
    Options

Requirement is as below:

Document is going through 2 phases. First phase is completed in 15 days. After 15 days based on business scenario, either document will be eligible for disposition or will retain 7 years. When first time document gets ingested, I can not determine whether to retain 15 days or 7 years. To achieve this, need retention policy with custom lifecycle method.

Please suggest how can we achieve this?

Thanks,

Smita

• DCTM_Guru
    edited March 16, 2016 #4
    Options

This is how I would implement this.  Create two retention policies: 15 days and 7 yrs.  Automatically apply 15 day retention policy to the document.  When determination of 15 day/7yrs is made (maybe based on attribute value), if its 7 yr retention, then apply the 7 yr retention on the document.  The key is - a document can have multiple retention policies associated with it.  Even though 15 days has passed, the 7 yr retention would not been completed, so the document cannot be disposed off.

BTW - you may get better/faster responses if you post to Documentum Support Forums:

• susmita24
    edited March 16, 2016 #5
    Options

Thanks for explaining. Will do POC with this.

Cheers,

Smita