Restrict users to view documents in Advance Search

shaik.md.anees
edited February 23, 2017 in Documentum #1

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario. I have object type Location and this two sub types finance and investors.

Finance

Investors

When I search the documents related to finance in the results i am also able to see the docuemts related to investors. How to overcome this ?

Please hrlp me with your suggestions

Comments

• DCTM_Guru
    edited February 13, 2017 #2

Change the ACL on Investors document.

• shaik.md.anees
    edited February 14, 2017 #3

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for your reply.

Please explain me shall I apply ACL on object type investors or to the folder structure where the investor documents are getting stored.

Kind Regards,

Mohammed Anees

• DCTM_Guru
    edited February 14, 2017 #4

Changing the ACL on the folder will not change access on the documents when performing a search; you actually need to change the ACL on the documents themselves.  That being said, depending on how your Documentum security is set up, you probably need to change on the security on the folder as well for NEW documents/created in the future.  Read my blog entry on how inherit permissions from setting works:

Inherit from WHO? | Ask Johnny! - Documentum Guru

Keep in mind this only affects NEW documents; existing documents wont be affected by this change.

• shaik.md.anees
    edited February 16, 2017 #5

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for your reply.

The document must get the ACL as of the folder.

Now in my case the document is not getting the the ACL of the folder instead it is creating a new ACL for the document. Please help me to solve this. If i Change the default_acl of dm_server_config object to Folder(defaultt_acl=1) then for other objects I need to inherit the ACL from object type.

Please explain me how to do this scenario.

Thank you,

Regards,

Mohammed Anees

• DCTM_Guru
    edited February 16, 2017 #6

" If i Change the default_acl of dm_server_config object to Folder(defaultt_acl=1) then for other objects I need to inherit the ACL from object type."

- Make sure you restart the content server in order for this setting to take effect.  Also, the ACL inheritance ONLY applies to new documents created.  If you have existing documents, you will need to update the document acl_name with the appropriate ACL that is on the parent folder using DQL.

• Haroon_A
    edited February 22, 2017 #7

In the Advanced Search screen, change the "Object Type" to your "Finance" document type.

• shaik.md.anees
    edited February 23, 2017 #8

Hi Ahmed,

Yes we can do so. But the user who belongs to Finance only should see the documents and others should not be able to see. If the user is of other group he can select the Finance from drop down and can view the documents. This should not happen. Kindly assist.

Regards,

Mohammed Anees

• Haroon_A
    edited February 23, 2017 #9

This is then related to security. pursue Johnny's suggestion. Assign proper ACL, so proper groups can see only the documents that they are allowed.