Need a sample workflow using Email inbound activities in Process builder

Ashok Thati
edited March 23, 2017 in Documentum #1

When I try to join the activities.PNG.pngHi,

I have a requirement of saving emails that come to inbox to Documentum repository along with attachments.

I am trying to use Email inbound activities to create a workflow, but When I add "Email Inbound - Initiate" between Initiate and End activities in process builder and try to join them with flows, I get an error " Cannot create flow to 'Initiate' as a DESTINATION ACTIVITY'.

Please help me in creating a workflow to solve my problem. Please see the error above. Also please post a sample workflow that uses Email Inbound activities.

Thank you

ta

Best Answer

• zhangl
    edited March 16, 2017 #2 Answer ✓

Hi Ashok,

As stated in your case 06697629, inbound initiate activity are not suppose to have a flow linked from initiate, it simply need link flow from your unbound initiate activity and onwards.

Thanks

Lily

Answers

• DCTM_Guru
    edited March 15, 2017 #3

The error just means you actually have to an activity in the middle of Initiate and End.  The design assumption is that you actually want to do something with the email when it starts the workflow.  If you dont want to do anything, you can just create an auto-forward activity (ie noop) and put it between the Initiate and End activities.

• Ashok Thati
    edited March 15, 2017 #4

Thanks Johnny.

From your response I understand that only "Email Inbound - Initiate" cannot be between Initiate and End activities. So between Initiate and "" I need to have another auto-activity (with noop). Right! I have another basic question for you. I used to use Workflow Manager in the past and it has auto-activity to drag-and-drop directly, but I do not find the same in Process Builder. Would you please which one I need to use from the list below?

Thank you.

taProcess Builder activity list.PNG.png

WFs.PNG.png

Please advise me.

Thanks.

ta

• zhangl
    edited March 16, 2017 #5 Answer ✓

Hi Ashok,

As stated in your case 06697629, inbound initiate activity are not suppose to have a flow linked from initiate, it simply need link flow from your unbound initiate activity and onwards.

Thanks

Lily

• DCTM_Guru
    edited March 17, 2017 #6

Totally forgot about that Lily.  The * Initiate activities in Process Builder are supposed to "replace" the normal initiate activity point a the beginning of the process.  I dont remember if you can connect this direct to End.  As for noop activity, you just choose manual activity and have it execute dm_bpm_noop_method server method.

• Prabhu__Nadarajan
    edited March 23, 2017 #7

Hi Ashok,

You can use the Inbound Activity as below ,

Inbound.jpg

We have the JMS inbound activity Leads to the next activities, as shown in the example.

-Prabhu