Documentum FT DQL

prg_ab_ch
edited April 28, 2017 in Documentum #1

How to get full text DQL working with only wildcards like -

SELECT r_object_id,score,text,r_version_label,object_name,r_object_type,a_content_type,a_application_type,r_is_virtual_doc,r_link_cnt,r_lock_owner,r_policy_id,r_assembled_from_id,r_immutable_flag,r_frozen_flag,i_is_reference,title,a_status,r_modify_date,r_modifier FROM edas_document(all) WHERE (object_name LIKE '%%') ENABLE(FTDQL, ft_contain_fragment)

The above query fails if there is no keywords between the Like '%%'. Is there a way to get this working without the keywords between like '%%'.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• DCTM_Guru
    edited April 28, 2017 #2 Answer ✓

If you are using FT DQL, then you shouldnt need to use database search using LIKE %.  The ft_contain_fragment should be able to pick up partial values.  Do you have stemming enabled - I dont recall if this is on by default or not?

Answers

• DCTM_Guru
    edited April 27, 2017 #3

Maybe I'm not understanding your question, but it sounds like your query is failing if the user does not provide a value for object_name to search against.  If that's the case, why dont you just check for the existence of a value before you run your DQL.  If the user doesnt provide search value, then either prompt them for a value or run your query without search criterion.

• prg_ab_ch
    edited April 27, 2017 #4

You are getting it right. But unfortunately I am using D2 and cannot remove search criterion at runtime.

• DCTM_Guru
    edited April 28, 2017 #5 Answer ✓

If you are using FT DQL, then you shouldnt need to use database search using LIKE %.  The ft_contain_fragment should be able to pick up partial values.  Do you have stemming enabled - I dont recall if this is on by default or not?