Using File Selector Widget in xCP2.3 Designer

Prabhu__Nadarajan
edited September 11, 2017 in Documentum #1

Hi ,

I am looking for some input about using the File Selector Widget. I have a requirement where I need to import a text file and read the content from the text file to process a Business logic. I have designed the page with the File Selector widget and triggered a stateless process (when a file is selected in the File Selector widget). I am able to get the selected File ID/ File Name in the stales process , but I am not able  to get the file content.   I am trying to find a way to access the file content in the stateless process activity.  Appreciate any pointers/input for this functionality.

Thanks,

Prabhu

Tagged:

Comments

• DCTM_Guru
    edited September 11, 2017 #2

Do you have Process Integrator installed?  There should be several activity templates that allow you to read from a file.

• Prabhu__Nadarajan
    edited September 11, 2017 #3

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the Reply. We do have Process Integrator Installed. But i couldn't find any activity (in the process template) related to read file  (I am able to find activities for creating Content for a content type/model). If possible, can you please provide the name of the activity. I will try to find and implement the same.

Thanks,

Prabhu

• DCTM_Guru
    edited September 11, 2017 #4

See this example on how to read from xml file.

• Prabhu__Nadarajan
    edited September 11, 2017 #5

Hi Johnny,

Thanks For your help. I figured it out a way to achieve my requirement. Using File Selector Widget I imported the Document and passed the r_object_id to the Stateless Process. In the Stateless Process i  fetched the object's content to process the business logic.

Thanks,

Prabhu