Overriding Sign in Function in xCP 2.3 Application

Prabhu__Nadarajan
edited September 27, 2017 in Documentum #1

Hi,

I am looking for a way to override the Sign-in functionality in xCP 2.3 Application. Is there is any way to validate the user’s group before allowing the user to login into the application, if the user is not part of a group/role then the application should not let the user login and show error message in the Login screen (same as the message showed for “Sign in failed”).  Appreciate any pointer /help.

Note: I am able to create Application Pages with “Role Version”. But looking for a way to restrict user from logging into the application, if he is not part of a group/role.

Thanks,

Prabhu

Tagged:

Comments

• DCTM_Guru
    edited September 27, 2017 #2

Have you tried overrridng the dm_login event in BOF?

• Prabhu__Nadarajan
    edited September 27, 2017 #3

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the reply. I have not tried overriding the dm_login event. But i am looking for a way to override the functionality in Application Layer instead of the overriding BOF Layer;  Like Login Component in WDK or TaskSpace. Is there is any way we can achieve in Application layer.

Thanks,

Prabhu

• DCTM_Guru
    edited September 27, 2017 #4

Personally, I havent tried overwriting the login page.  Have you seen this whitepaper before:

• where is the whitepaper?

• I am not sure which Whitepaper was referenced, but i see a KB: KB6259325 on

How To: Modify the xCP Sign-In Logo Image (Public Resources) with this white paper (xCelerated Composition Platform Extension Points Adding customization to xCP 2.0 applications) referenced at end as an attachment on mysupport.opentext.com