D2-Workflow issue

Options
bagavan
edited October 23, 2017 in Documentum #1

Hi Experts,

I want to config to start  a workflow automatically, can any one please tell us to folllow the steps.

Please dont suggest go through the development guide.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Antal Bos
    edited September 12, 2017 #2 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

To autostart a worflow you can make use of the D2LifecycleBatch job. First make a workflow and add a workflow config in D2. Then make sure you have a lifecycle config with a status where a 'start workflow' action is executed. At last create a lifecycle batch configuration where you promote to the created lifecycle state.

That should be it!

Have a great day,

Antal

Answers

• Antal Bos
    edited September 12, 2017 #3 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi,

To autostart a worflow you can make use of the D2LifecycleBatch job. First make a workflow and add a workflow config in D2. Then make sure you have a lifecycle config with a status where a 'start workflow' action is executed. At last create a lifecycle batch configuration where you promote to the created lifecycle state.

That should be it!

Have a great day,

Antal

• bagavan
    edited October 5, 2017 #4
    Options

Hi Antal,

Thanks for providing hint on my query.

But could you please provide some screenshots on the lifecycle batch.

How to configure it, it would be veryhelpful for me. Thanks a lot in Advance.

• Antal Bos
    edited October 13, 2017 #5
    Options

Follow these steps:

• First create a process with the workflow manager (It's part of the composer tool); save it in the repository, validate and install it.
    • Then open D2-Config and login
    • Create a new workflow config
      • File -> New -> Workflow (see screenshot 1)
    • Select your workflow template, config your tasks if required for your flow and save it all (see screenshot 2)
    • Create a new lifecycle config
      • File -> New -> Lifecycle (see screenshot 3)
    • Add a second state and make sure you can promote to that state (see screenshot 4a)
    • In the second state add an Action Type 'Send in workflow' and select your created D2 flow (see screenshot 4b)
    • Create a new lifecycle batch config
      • File -> New -> Lifecycle batch (see screenshot 5)
    • Select your just created lifecycle, target state and transition type (see screenshot 6)
    • Mark the new created lifecycle batch config in the main matrix; the rest is not required as they are called from the batch (see screenshot 7)
    • Now make sure you have a document in the repository where the a_status property has the value of the first lifecycle state
    • Then run the D2 documentum job with the name 'D2JobLifecycleBatch'
      • The job promotes the document to your next state; And in this state the lifecycle actions are executed (what is starting our flow!)

Best regards,

Antal

1.png2.png3.png4a.png4b.png5.png6.png7.png

• bagavan
    edited October 13, 2017 #6
    Options

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

We have a requirement to change the document status up on user selection of the doc status values.

Here my concern is how to display doc_status attribute in the user task and how we can store those values in the docu_status attribute up on user selection and clicking ok button.

Can anyone explain the same with the example. Thanks a lot for your help.

• Antal Bos
    edited October 20, 2017 #7
    Options

You need to add the document as package to your workflow and also add a manual task in the workflow that will be assigned to someone. In D2-Config you configut the manual task in the workflow configuration and for example in the task subject you can use something like ${doc_status} to read the value and show it in the tasks widget. To change the value you need to add a property page to the workspace where you can update the doc_status value.

• bagavan
    edited October 23, 2017 #8
    Options

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have added property page in the forward page/reject page. But when user select the doc_status property values, its not updating the doc_status values in the attachment metadata.

Could you please provide some examples on it. If require please add workflow+lifecycle combination on the same.

Thanks in advance.

• @bagavan said:
    Thanks for your suggestion.

** I have added property page in the forward page/reject page. But when user select the doc_status property values, its not updating the doc_status values in the attachment metadata.**

Could you please provide some examples on it. If require please add workflow+lifecycle combination on the same.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

i have the same problem. How can i fix that?

thanks