Add artifacts to a xCP Project

mikaeldjerf
edited November 9, 2016 in Documentum #1

Hi,

I have a few artifacts (object models) I want to share between several xCP Applications. My plan is to share these within a common sub-project. I have created a new project for this in one of my applications but I can't figure out how to add the object models to this new project.

Does anybody know how to add artifacts to an added project?

Regards,

Mikael

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ankur..
    edited November 8, 2016 #2 Answer ✓

Creating artifacts in a project

1. Invoke New wizard for the artifact

2. Provide the name and choose the project in which you wish to create the artifact and click Finish

This will create the artifact the project instead of the application

Moving the artifacts to project

1. Right click the artifact and select Move to

2. Select the project to which you wish the artifact to be moved

This will move the artifact to the selected project

Sharing as Library

1. Export the project

2. Select export as library option

3. Add this library to other application in which the artifacts are to be shared

Note that this is recommended way of sharing artifacts across applications. The library artifacts can not edited in other application and stay read-only.

Sharing the project

1. Export the project

2. Import the project in other applications

3. Note that artifacts of the imported project in other applications will be editable and one change will not reflect in others

Deployment

The libraries/projects are not sandboxed. If two applications have a library or project with same namespace, then one will overwrite the other. Thus, if library was used and library artifacts being read-only the overwrite will not be a problem. However, if they were shared as project instead and edited independently then the later deployment will overwrite the previous deployment of the project with same namespace.

Hope this helps.

Answers

• ankur..
    edited November 8, 2016 #3 Answer ✓

Creating artifacts in a project

1. Invoke New wizard for the artifact

2. Provide the name and choose the project in which you wish to create the artifact and click Finish

This will create the artifact the project instead of the application

Moving the artifacts to project

1. Right click the artifact and select Move to

2. Select the project to which you wish the artifact to be moved

This will move the artifact to the selected project

Sharing as Library

1. Export the project

2. Select export as library option

3. Add this library to other application in which the artifacts are to be shared

Note that this is recommended way of sharing artifacts across applications. The library artifacts can not edited in other application and stay read-only.

Sharing the project

1. Export the project

2. Import the project in other applications

3. Note that artifacts of the imported project in other applications will be editable and one change will not reflect in others

Deployment

The libraries/projects are not sandboxed. If two applications have a library or project with same namespace, then one will overwrite the other. Thus, if library was used and library artifacts being read-only the overwrite will not be a problem. However, if they were shared as project instead and edited independently then the later deployment will overwrite the previous deployment of the project with same namespace.

Hope this helps.

• mikaeldjerf
    edited November 9, 2016 #4

A most helpful answer, but when I tried to export the project and the import the project to another application this other application did not recognise the object models in the project. Did also perform a refresh of the application after the import.

Should I have imported the project as a copy?

• ankur..
    edited November 9, 2016 #5

Once the project is imported, ensure that there is a dependency set on it by the Application.

1. Open the Application model

2. Select 'dependencies' tab in the Properties view

3. Check the project just imported. The artifacts shall now be visible.

• mikaeldjerf
    edited November 9, 2016 #6

Excellent. Thanks!

• Hi,
    I also have this kind of problem please help me to create sub application and how it's use full.
    Like i have one application created in xcp2.3 . I wanted to use this application as sub application for my new application. Is it Possible..?

• @mikaeldjerf said:
    Excellent. Thanks!

How you do please explain..?