The library with the namespace "library" is not found.

Sai krishna
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1

Hello everyone,

I have created a library which contains the datasource (using oracle). When i used this library in my local system the datasource is get connected successfully and my report is running good. I have committed this file and when my co-worker using this report from his machine he was getting the following errors:

The library with the namespace "library" is not found
The parent element "library.datasource" does not found

With a cross symbol on the datasource folder. He is unable to run the report.
I have tested the library and i didnt found any issue. But i am unable to get why he is getting this error.
Can anyone please help? Thanks, in advance.

Thanks,
Sai

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb

Best Answers

• jfranken
    edited April 24, 2018 #2 Answer ✓

You said, "I have committed this file." From that statement, it sounds like you are using source code control and your coworker is unable to access the file from that system. That should be easy to fix by looking at why the coworker can't access the file. It could also be a path issue or a permissions issue.

• jfranken
    #3 Answer ✓

If both of you have permission to access the library file, your co-worker's report design might not have had a good reference to it. On the Outline tab there is a folder called "Libraries". You can right click that folder and select "Use Library" from the popup menu. Browse to the library file and select it. Save the report.

Maybe when you created the library, your co-worker's report wasn't using the file as described above. When the library was recreated, the correct reference was added to your co-worker's report. If it was created in the same location, your report had a good reference to it.

Answers

• @Sai Krishna said:
    Hello everyone,

I have created a library which contains the datasource (using oracle). When i used this library in my local system the datasource is get connected successfully and my report is running good. I have committed this file and when my co-worker using this report from his machine he was getting the following errors:

The library with the namespace "library" is not found
    The parent element "library.datasource" does not found

With a cross symbol on the datasource folder. He is unable to run the report.
    I have tested the library and i didnt found any issue. But i am unable to get why he is getting this error.
    Can anyone please help? Thanks, in advance.

Thanks,
    Sai

Typo Error
    "The parent element "library.datasource" does not exist"

• jfranken
    edited April 24, 2018 #5 Answer ✓

You said, "I have committed this file." From that statement, it sounds like you are using source code control and your coworker is unable to access the file from that system. That should be easy to fix by looking at why the coworker can't access the file. It could also be a path issue or a permissions issue.

• @jfranken said:

May be, but when he delete and recreates the same library, it was working for him and for me as well. I am confused. What is happening there? Any idea Franken?

Thanks,
    Sai

• jfranken
    #7 Answer ✓

If both of you have permission to access the library file, your co-worker's report design might not have had a good reference to it. On the Outline tab there is a folder called "Libraries". You can right click that folder and select "Use Library" from the popup menu. Browse to the library file and select it. Save the report.

Maybe when you created the library, your co-worker's report wasn't using the file as described above. When the library was recreated, the correct reference was added to your co-worker's report. If it was created in the same location, your report had a good reference to it.

• @jfranken said:

Thanks Franken.

Thank you I apply your idea and will let you know...

Thanks,
    Sai