how can i access specific cell in a table by having another cell with in the row?

sachinks
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1

Hi,

i have an employee table in that i have job_title and employee number columns.
when the user dynamically logged in with job_title through i hub i can access his job_title using script.

reportContext.getAppContext().get("ServerUserName");

how can i get access the employee number of that specific job_title ?

Best Answer

• sachinks
    #2 Answer ✓

Hi,

The issue is resolved by using the above solution which is mentioned by Jeff. Thanks for your help.

Answers

• jfranken
    edited May 23, 2018 #3

It sounds like you headed down the wrong path. Normally the user logs in with a unique username and that value is returned by get("ServerUserName"). Also, the relationship between job title and employee ID is one-to-many and the number is constantly changing so it's difficult to imagine a scenario where you would have multiple employee number columns. How do you know which one to get?

Having said that, you can put this code in the onCreate of a table row to get the column value:
    this.getRowData().getColumnValue("columnElementName");

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • This question is Awaiting an Your Response

The moderator is awaiting your response. Were you able to resolve the issue? If so, would you please share your solution with others in a response post? Or, would you like some further assistance? Please let us know. Your question and its resolution are important to us, and we want to help.

David Sciuto

• sachinks
    #5 Answer ✓

Hi,

The issue is resolved by using the above solution which is mentioned by Jeff. Thanks for your help.