Dockerfile baseline to build a teamsite dockerized container

RayOrtiz
edited July 15, 2021 in TeamSite #1

Trying to build a Dockerized version of teamsite to use in our dev environment, for testing changes before adding to production, does anyone have best practice documentation for building the Dockerfile

Best Answers

• Not certain if this URL will work for you but it should

https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/69460803

• nipper
    edited February 1, 2018 #3 Answer ✓

Companies do not like it when you post files from their support site.

Click Resources menu -> DeveloperNetwork (OTDN)
    Click WCM (TeamSite)
    Click TeamSite,LiveSite,OpenDeploy
    Click Docker Automation
    Click 16.3 (or 16.2)
    Click TeamSite-LiveSite-Docer-Automation-16_3-v1.0.tar.gz

The extracted file has 66 different files, including several readmes, 4 docker files and assorted other scripts.

Answers

• Have you logged on to support and downloaded the sample Dockerfile ?

• I have searched the site with no Dockerfile found I found only one instance where the file was mentioned, but I was unable to find the file itself. Could you add the file to this request of give me the direct path to the file, or a link to it, which ever maybe most convenient to you.

Thank you in advanced.

• Not certain if this URL will work for you but it should

https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll/open/69460803

• nipper
    edited February 1, 2018 #7 Answer ✓

Companies do not like it when you post files from their support site.

Click WCM (TeamSite)
    Click Docker Automation
    Click 16.3 (or 16.2)
    Click TeamSite-LiveSite-Docer-Automation-16_3-v1.0.tar.gz

The extracted file has 66 different files, including several readmes, 4 docker files and assorted other scripts.

• @RayOrtiz and @Andy Knipp - please let us know if you run into any problems, we recommend reading the readme.txt and pdfs.

• Hello,
    curious to know if anyone has been able to make a dockerised version of TeamSite yet, or knows anyone who has - not seeing many customer experiences here or elsewhere. I am about to embark on this myself and am interested to see if this is a way forward.
    Cheers
    BB

• @BigBruv, yes. It has been done by OpenText Team. We currently offer it TeamSite 16.2 and 16.3 automation. Please obtain the script for version you plan to use and let us know if you run into problems.

Click WCM (TeamSite)
    Click Docker Automation
    Click 16.3 (or 16.2)
    Click TeamSite-LiveSite-Docer-Automation-{version}-v1.0.tar.gz

• @tsp3,
    yes, have that already thanks, just waiting on a Linux server...

I have been tasked with trying it out and documenting/demo'ing it. I can contact you directly if I have any problems :smile: - this is new to me, so will be a voyage of discovery.
    Cheers BB

• Thanks for the assist but with the information I received and the installer info for building a container I keep getting this error
    Step 22/35 : COPY /authoring/docker-config/docker.properties ${INSTALLER_DIR}/
    COPY failed: stat /data/docker/tmp/docker-builder095278980/authoring/docker-config/docker.properties: no such file or directory
    [root@cua43118doc401 docker-build]#
    when I go to the docker file and launch from within the docker-build directory it persist. if I modify it in any way the next set needs to be modified. Do you have any information which will help me complete this build so that when can license and test the environment before moving to a staging and production use. Any assistance will be apprec

• Upon further investigation, a few more attempted builds and some file shuffling I get this as an error

43080a59b69da73f666897c58757d156

incorrect checksum
    The command '/bin/sh -c diff /${uvfs_name}.tar.gz.md5 /downloaded_${uvfs_name}.md5 && echo "checksum verified" || (echo "incorrect checksum" ; exit 1)' returned a non-zero code: 1

/usr/bin/docker run --name=uvfs1521126043 -v /dev:/dev -v /lib/modules:/lib/modules -v /usr/src/kernels:/usr/src/kernels uvfsimage1521126043
    Unable to find image 'uvfsimage1521126043:latest' locally
    /usr/bin/docker: Error response from daemon: pull access denied for uvfsimage1521126043, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login'.
    See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

/usr/bin/docker cp uvfs1521126043:/uvfs_2.0.8 ./
    Error response from daemon: No such container: uvfs1521126043
    failed to create pmfs.ko module
    uvfs_bld_dir=/home/rortiz/authoring/docker-build/scripts/build/uvfs_2.0.8
    install_uvfs.sh failed.

what am I missing I have all the associated files, but I had to download the uvfs_2.0.8.tar.gz from location other than your site, because I can not locate it there. It seems the checksum is not consistent with the Internet downloaded instance. Can you please assist

• I would open a case with support. These steps are a little different from the normal installation.

• @Andy Knipp support is not the proper channel for this. But i will be happy to answer this questions and other.

@RayOrtiz Have you followed the instruction in README? the reason i ask this question is because you don't need to download the uvfs driver the build orchestration does it for you, also you should not work with Dockerfile directly. We provide full build automation so all you need to do is download the bits put it in appropriate folders and then execute the build.sh from respective authoring or runtime folders located in ((authoring or runtime)/docker-build). Please read the readme and follow the instructions. If you need to customize the build automation please understand the full automation before on how it works standalone before jumping into modification.

Here is what i do when i create a image for TeamSite or livesite.

1) install docker ce version.
    2) download and extract the docker automation scripts.
    3) place bits for authoring under authoring/custom/dbdriver,authoring/custom/installbits/teamsite,authoring/custom/installbits/opendeploy.
    4) put licenses under authoring/custom/licenses.
    5) do the same for livesite.
    6) run the install check by running install_checklist.sh
    7) if all clear then run the build.sh in each directory.

Please don't take above instructions as replacement to README file, this is just a quick reflection of memory. Please read and follow the instruction, get the OOTB standalone automation working before moving to customization as per your need.

Hope this will you direction wise. If you still run into problems, i would recommend you to describe each step that you took and which version you are trying to automate and detail description. Based on current post i have no idea what you have done thus far.

Regards,
    P3

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs