Advanced View Editor in D2 4.5 Property Page

Options
ericstrandvold
edited May 15, 2017 in Documentum #1

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how to use the Advanced View editor in a D2 property page? The following appears in the D2 4.5 admin guide: “This editor provides a text field for typing a DQL query as the condition. This editor is only available in D2 Client 3.1.”

So two questions.

1. Is this actually available in 4.5? (It still shows up in the UI so I suspect yes)

2. What is a sample of a DQL query you might use here? I guessed you might use a standard DQL select query and if it returned results that evaluates to true, if it doesn't return results then it evaluates to false. That doesn't seem to be working so I'm wondering if there is a special syntax here or if this field is expecting a subset of a full query.

Thanks!

Eric

Comments

• hetalvdoctor
    edited August 16, 2015 #2
    Options

Hi Eric

Did you find any solution to this issue.

I have tried heaps of options but none seems to work

Regards

Hetal

• weissstefan
    edited May 15, 2017 #3
    Options

Hi

let me answer your question: In the D2 config screen you can define when attributes are visible/required or enabled. In the simple editor it gives you drop down lists of things you can enter for your requirements (e.g.: "This attribute is only visible when it contains the following string/does not contain the following string etc").

property1.bmp

What you cannot do in the simple editor is have more complex queries. To have more complex queries you open the Advanced Editor and then you can enter "This attribute is only visible when it contains the following string OR the other following string").

property2.bmp

Hope this helps

KR

Stefan

• Hello Stefan,
    For the above issue, if we go one step further to get the count of attribute1, do you have any Syntax that we can use in Condition.
    I have 2 attributes (both repeating value) and used 'list field' for both. I want to Enable/Visible the attribute2's 'list field' when attribute1 list field has only 1 value.
    1) I have tried 'n' number of syntax combinations to count the value of 'attribute1' but failed.
    Do you have any idea?
    2) I want to capture the attribute1's value/s from the 'list field' so that on the basis of this, I can populate the values in attribute2 list field.

Thanks.