OpenText technical experts collaborate with supported customers and partners in the Magellan product area.
Location Asset Hierarchy Report Maximo
I am a novice to BIRT Reporting.
In Maximo, we have an out of the box BIRT report, Location Hierarchy. We would like to build a Location Asset Hierarchy Report. I did below simple things:
1. Modified the open method query to include assets by placing a simple Left outer join.
2. Added additional columns for Asset and Description in Layout. Quite a simple change.
3. It displays me the location, its associated assets level wise. Now the problem that I am facing is: Approximately from Level 7th Location, the hierarchy is repeating in undesirable manner.
E.g, Say Location at level 7 further has 2 more levels. And this location has 3 assets.
It displays the Level 7 Location, Only first asset, displays its entire hierarchy from level 7-9.
Then displays again the level 7 location, 2nd asset, repeats its hierarchy. Then displays L7 location, 3rd asset and its hierarchy.
4. The problem generally arises from level 7 locations and not for all. Just intermittently, only for few.
5. In Debug Logs, query is fired fine and just once.
6. I tried to change the Layout, to group by Location, group by Level, etc. But no luck.
7. Another performance heavy and simple approach I tried was adding simple assets data set in fetch method.
8. Which does not have the hierarchy repeat problem but it only displays me the first asset of each location and not all.
Could you please help me out here?