Upgrade TS from 7.5 to 16.4.x

Hi, My company is planning to upgrade TS from 7.5 to 16.4.x. If you have done similar upgrade, could you please share these details.
How was your experience?
Could you please share what kind of challenges you face?
What approach worked for you?

Thanks

Comments

• This is not something that fits into a simple post.

Physically upgrading 7.5 to 16.5 shouldn't be an issue.I've run it from 8.1 to 16.4 several times.

But what really needs to be discussed is the physical servers, OS, etc. DOes a new install make more sense than an in-place upgrade. If you have an older version of the OS, or are on underpowered hardware, than it makes sense to do a new install on a new and more updated sustem.

You would be better getting someone in who knows some about the process and start examining all the factors before you start upgrading.

• Thanks Andy, Is in-place upgrade possible from 7.5 to 16.4? I think it's a big leap.

• I cannot find it in the manuals but I am 99% certain that is a supported upgrade path. You can ask support.

• Thanks Andy, I checked with support and for in place upgrade minimum version is 8.1. So for in place upgrade the path is 7.5->8.1->16.4. The other option is migration path. Do a fresh install of 16.4 and then use Dependency migration tool to migrate content stores.

Cheers

• Neither of which are horribly difficult. The bigger issue is how out of date is the OD/DB/hardware you are running on and will it last for the next 5 years.

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs