Multi Value in Cascading parameter at all levels

Options
anshul9824
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1

Hi Everyone,

I researched a lot and was not able to find a perfect or nearby solution to allow MultiValue Select in Cascading parameter at all levels of the cascading parameter. I found a devshare post devShare post: http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1477-allow-multi-value-for-cascading-parameter/, but its not of any use to me as i can't change the jsp file or I can'e change any file of eclipse. Please give me a solution or any near to alternative solution so that i can resolve my problem...

Thanks,
Anshul

Comments

• The question is for BIRT Report.

• jfranken
    edited February 5, 2019 #3
    Options

Hi Anshul,

I cannot access the devshare link you posted. I confirmed that multi-select only works on the last level when cascading. I did some searching, but I did not find an example of how to add mutli-select to all levels. It appears that enhancement requests have been filed to add this functionality to both open source and commercial BIRT.

You can use JSAPI to create a custom parameter page. Here are some useful links:

https://forums.opentext.com/forums/discussion/56373/how-to-get-started-with-birt-js-api
    otadocs.opentext.com/documentation/ihub31-dev/AIG-main/index.html#page/aig%2FJSAPIWebContent.html

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • Thanks Jeff.
    i will try the link you have mentioned and will let you know.
  • Hi Anshul/Jeff,

The link to the DevShare post seems to be posted on multiple discussion boards but it does not work for me. I've been trying to find a solution to the same problem you were having. Were you ever able to make progress regarding using JSAPI to create a custom parameter page.

I am missing the link between creating the webpage and connecting it to AnalyticsDesigner. Can I enter the script directly on top of the report in "ClientScript" or another?

Any advice will help tons!

Noah