Report design hanging at 1200 pages of output

CodeRookie
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1

Good morning, all!

I have a report design that I'm running for two years' worth of data, which, in my designer, runs fine and spits out 1388 pages. However, when I move it up to my iHub 3.1.1 development system, it hangs at '1200+' page count, and never finishes. Any thoughts as to why this may be happening?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Scott

Comments

• Hi Scott,

The jsrvrihub logs would likely need to be reviewed. It sounds like the report is either not finishing or the progressive viewing isn't updating the final portion of the noted number of pages. When it gets to 1200+ and you wait a minute or two more, if you select the arrows to go to the end of the report does an error appear? Or does it go to page 1388?

The logging level might also need to be turned up on the jsrvrihub to identify the item. Do you see any errors in the jsrvrihub logs?

How long does this report take in the designer to run and how long does it take on the iHub to get to 1200+ pages?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • CodeRookie
    edited April 23, 2019 #3

I will look at the logs and see if anything stands out. When I tried to 'arrow through' the pages when it hit the '1200+' level, I received the error 'Can not get page count', or something to that effect.

Run time was approximately one minute (or less) in the Designer, and more than three in the dev iHub environment

I'm going to try the report again now, so I know the exact time frame to look for in the logs. I'll get back to you with what I find.

Thanks,
    Scott

• After letting the report run for 6 minutes, I get this error pop-up:

• Hi Scott,

I found this Knowledge Base article:

https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/cs.dll/kcs/kbarticle/view/KB4065939

The KBA specifies a Studio report, but it appears to be the same issue that you are encountering.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • Jeff,

Good morning! That did the trick. Report runs in under a minute at 1279 pages.

Thanks for the help!

Scott