How to create a rptdesign using java and javascript.

Sai krishna
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1

Hello team,

Good evening!
I would like to create a report and table in the report using only with java and javascript. (I would like to learn API).
Could anyone please tell me how to create. Thanks in advance.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb

Comments

• Hello Jeff,

Thanks for the references. Can you please explain me the following doubts:
    a) What is meant by "The path to the BIRT home directory". Where does this path leads to.
    b) I have created a Java project. In that i have created a java file (DeDemo.java). Please find the Java code in the attachment. While i am trying to run the file i am getting BirtException - "Cant Startup the OSGI Framework". Please find the Console errors in the attached snapshot.

I am unable to understand why i am getting the issue and please let me know if you have found any issue in my coding.
    Thanks in advance.

• Can anyone please explain why I am getting the above issue.
    Thanks in advance.

@Sai Krishna said:
    Hello Jeff,

Thanks for the references. Can you please explain me the following doubts:
    a) What is meant by "The path to the BIRT home directory". Where does this path leads to.
    b) I have created a Java project. In that i have created a java file (DeDemo.java). Please find the Java code in the attachment. While i am trying to run the file i am getting BirtException - "Cant Startup the OSGI Framework". Please find the Console errors in the attached snapshot.

I am unable to understand why i am getting the issue and please let me know if you have found any issue in my coding.
    Thanks in advance.

• Hi Sai,

I found this link that explains how to configure the BIRT Home directory:

otadocs.opentext.com/documentation/ihub31-dev/AIG-main/index.html#page/aig%2FProgramming.06.07.html%23

Is there a reason why you are generating a report in code as opposed to using the BIRT Report Designer? Building a report in code requires strong knowledge of BIRT and Java. Also, building any kind of organized display in any programming language is difficult. If this is a learning exercise, it would be easier to build a report in the designer and write Design Engine API code in the event handlers to modify the report versus creating everything in code.

If you decide to continue with the full code option and you get it working, please share your results.

• Hello Jeff,

Thanks for your help. Yes, it was my learning exercise I would like to learn how to create reports by using both Design Engine API code in the event handlers and as well as want to learn coding to create reports.

Sure! I will share my results. :smile: