Push Notifications - popup when AppWorks is not open?

Is there a way to make AppWorks notifications work like traditional push notifications work on iOS? The notifications I'm sending to the clients are working (they appear in the Notifications area, and in the top-right red box), but there is no pop-up and they do not notify you unless the AppWorks application is open. Is there a way to make it work that way?

Comments

• Hi Doug, not right now, full native push notification support will be coming in AppWorks 2.0 scheduled for release to BETA in December

Chris

• Hi Doug,

Unfortunately the Appworks notifications you are referring to are not native push notifications. So making them work in this manner in the current release is not possible I'm afraid. That being said, you will be glad to hear that this work has been prioritised for the next release of the Appworks mobile clients. Investigations and preliminary work are already underway as it happens. An updated road map should be available when the details are finalised.

Thanks

• Hi Doug,

Unfortunately the Appworks notifications you are referring to are not native push notifications. So making them work in this manner in the current release is not possible I'm afraid. That being said, you will be glad to hear that this work has been prioritised for the next release of the Appworks mobile clients. Investigations and preliminary work are already underway as it happens. An updated road map should be available when the details are finalised.

Thanks

• Sorry Chris didn't see your answer, beat me to it.

• Thanks for your prompt replies. Looking forward to this functionality!

• Hi There,

Is there any update on this? I am also interested in native notifications (alerting the user while the app is not open).

Is there a beta version available where I could try this out? Or more details on what is coming? Just that this is a key requirement to an app we are looking to build.

Thanks,
    Rob

• Hi Rob,

There will be native notification support in the upcoming AppWorks 16 release including both in app and alerting the user when the app is closed, you can even target a single AppWorks app amongst many running in the mobile client app.

We are looking to go BETA in the next couple of weeks and I'll let you know when we are at that point.

Best Regards
    Chris

• Hi Chris,

Can you please let me know if the above topic (Push Notifications) has been updated in new AppWorks 16? If yes, then can you guide me through it?

Regards,
    Karamjeet