how work fulltext search

Options

My query search is :
SELECT cust_field1, cust_field_2, cust_field_2 FROM custom_object SEARCH DOCUMENT CONTAINS 'abrakadabra' enable (RETURN_RANGE 1 101 , object_BASED)

return exception:
[DM_QUERY_E_CURSOR_ERROR]error: "A database error has occurred during the creation of a cursor ('ORA-00933: SQL command not properly ended')

Does fulltext search work with hint RETURN_RANGE?

Comments

• Hi,
    For that old style way (FTDQL), CS gets that FTDQL query and transforms it to xQuery, then sends xQuery to xPlore. Then it receives response from xPlore and loads it to temp db table, then CS returns records from that temp table to client. Not sure at which stage RETURN_RANGE involved. To find out it, I would suggest looking at dsearch.log to find xquery executed on xPlore, also enable DQL+SQL trace on Content Server to find what sql query failed.
    Does it work without RETURN_RANGE hint?

MEOW

• Thanks for you response!
    Without RETURN_RANGE its work and query like this: "SELECT cust_field1, cust_field_2, cust_field_2 FROM custom_object enable (RETURN_RANGE 1 101 , object_BASED)" is work. I will try add trace like you sayed.

• I checked DQL Reference Manual documentation:

General guidelines for all
    You can use any of the hints except ROW_BASED and RETURN_RANGE in an FTDQL query. The
    ROW_BASED hint may not be included in an FTDQL query and RETURN_RANGE is not FTDQL
    compliant.

MEOW

• Thanks!

• Hi, I have tested, and it's working, below one is my query, anyway mine is SQL DB.

select * from dm_document SEARCH DOCUMENT CONTAINS 'Test' where FOLDER('/Test001', DESCEND) ENABLE(RETURN_RANGE 1 100 , OBJECT_BASED);

• Hi,
    What version documentum you use?

• Documentum 7.2.0320.0399 Win64.SQLServer