Accessing data in data object from R

lucie_hedgehog
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1

Hello,

we have a data object and a colleague wants to load the data in R software and process them there.
Is it possible?

Thank you,
Lucy

Comments

• jfranken
    edited January 8, 2020 #2

Hi Lucy,

Recent versions of the commercial designer include support for the R language and Rserv. It requires installing an additional plugin in the designer. Chapter 26 of the Analytics Designer User Guide explains the details. If you are not running a version of the designer that includes support for R script, it might be possible to call R script from java code in the report. I have not tried it. There is information about calling R script from java if you search the web.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • Hi Jeff,

thank you for your quick reply. I was wondering if you can do the opposite, if you can use data object as your source data for R. So to create for example data frame in R from data objects.
    Thanks,
    Lucy

• Hi Jeff,
    additional question: Where can I get the latest version of Analytics Designer User Guide, I searched your Documentation (Resources--> Documentation) and there is none.
    Thank you,
    Lucy

• jfranken
    edited January 9, 2020 #5

Good question. I have provided links below to the documentation for the three most recent versions of the designer. The links will prompt you for your support login. Also, you will only be able to access the links for the software you purchased.

If you have a support login, but you are running a different version of the software than those listed below, just reply to this post and let me know your version and I will give you the correct link.

If you have a support login but you are not able to access the appropriate link, scroll down to the bottom of this page. Under "Self-Service Support" is a link to "Live Chat" A Customer Service Representative will help you access the link. I believe the Chat is only enabled if you are logged into OpenText support..

If you do not have an OpenText support login, then you can use the following link to contact our Sales team, They should be able to give you access to the documentation and a trial download of the product if you need it.
    https://opentext.com/about/contact-us

Hopefully this covers everything. If not, please let me no what else you need.

https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/piroot/anlrep/v160700/anlrep-uga/docovw.xml

https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll?func=ll&objId=76883288&objAction=Download

https://knowledge.opentext.com/knowledge/llisapi.dll?func=ll&objId=74031363&objAction=Download

• Hi Jeff,

thank you very much, I have a support login and was able to download the documentation I need (we have version 16.4.).

To my previous question: So, we can use and call R scripts from ihub, can we do the "opposite", I mean can we access from R existing data objects, load them as data frames and work with R? I guess not, but I'm asking because we have a statistician that is used to work with R but has no experience with designer.

Thank you,
    Lucie

• Hi Lucie,

I am not clear exactly what you are trying to do. If you can provide a sample input and a sample output from iHub, I can try to create an example for you. For the sample input, could you provide the data object column names and one or two rows of sample data. For example:

Data Object Column Names:
    ColumnA
    ColumnB
    ColumnC

Row 1 Data:
    false

Row 2 Data:
    true

I also need to see sample output data from iHub (input to R). Will the data be exported to a text file in order to use it in R? Can you provide a sample file that shows how your statistician wants the data to be formatted?

• Hi,

thank you for your time, at the end we exported the data to csv file and the statistician load it to R from there.
    Kind regards,
    Lucy

• I'm glad you got it working.