create business workspaces

Hey all,
I try to find the documentation of to create a businessworkspaces with rest api.
I know it has to be something like: "cs.exe/api/v2/businessworkspaces.
could someone help me out?

Tagged:

Comments

• I created some business workspaces a few years ago. It was undocumented then, looks like it's still undocumented. So standard warning - as it's undocumented you can't rely on it. It can change without notice.

I was using /api/v2/businessworkspaces/ and I posted a FormData object with:

• template_id
    • name
    • type (hard coded to 848)
    • parent_id
    • mime_type (hard coded to "Business Workspace")

There's a few other options available but as I didn't need them I haven't recorded what they were.

To check if things have changed, create a workspace in the Smart UI and use either fiddler or the network tab in your browser to check the objects that were created and sent.

• Kindly help me to create the business workspace using rest api
  • Hi jeroen mak,

@jeroen mak have you been sorted out the Business workspace creation using Rest API's, i have been struggling from past 2 days to resolve this issue, Kindly share your code to resolve the issue from my end.

• AdrianLuca
    edited March 17, 2020 #5

Hi all,

first of all you need to authenticate, and in order to do this, you need to retrieve the OTCSTICKET by calling http:///livelink/cs/api/v1/auth , using POST method, with following body arguments: username and password

The above call will return the ticket

{
    "ticket": "hzEbtEV8naT9ZHhKzUsNKO6j04qKoWOt53HUrfMpWHXLACsxSqjpwC6iUt/LcPxaohitg/KO4XYrbu/eCUkRQiCCU+x61EJS"
    }

Copy the ticket value and place it in the header of the second request as OTCSTICKET key, calling POST http:///livelink/cs/api/v2/businessworkspaces/

headers.setContentType(MediaType.APPLICATION_FORM_URLENCODED);
    headers.add("OTCSTICKET", "hzEbtEV8naT9ZHhKzUsNKO6j04qKoWOt53HUrfMpWHXLACsxSqjpwC6iUt/LcPxaohitg/KO4XYrbu/eCUkRQiCCU+x61EJS");

As body request you should pass two arguments: body and format

body : {"name":"DG-0000008/07.01.2020","type":"848","parent_id":"202481","template_id":"158540","roles":{"categories":{"156619":{"156619_3":"DG-0000008/07.01.2020"}}}}
    format : xml

Body argument description
    {"name":"DG-0000008/07.01.2020","type":"848","parent_id":"202481","template_id":"158540","roles":{"categories":{"156619":{"156619_3":"DG-0000008/07.01.2020"}}}}

name - name of the business workspace that will be created
    type - 848 is default id for business workspace, use the same
    parent_id - folder nickname (id) where the business workspace will be created, use a folder nickname from your system
    template_id - business workspace template id that you are using
    categories - list of category id, if you are using categories.
    e.g 156619 category id
    156619_3 category attribute

Response should be something similar with attched, where 281228 is the id of the newly created business workspace

Thank you,
    Adrian

• i get a argument "parent ID" invalid error....is it because of some issue in category mapping