Using Hyperlinks to other pages within custom visualization object

torajapan
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1

I want to be able to go between pages (in the same report), by using the hyperlink capabilities. For example to hyperlink to another page from a text i would normally use this.

However, if i was in a custom visualization i don't have that option. Is there any way i can add some JavaScript code to a button or drop-down box that links to other pages from inside the visualization.

Comments

• I haven't tried to do the exact functionality you are describing, but there is a JavaScript API that allows you to display reports, filter tables and charts, reference bookmarks, etc. The JavaScript can be placed in a standard HTML page, or it can be run from within a report. If you have access to the OpenText product documentation, you can find reference material on the API's in the downloads. Here is an older reference that I found on the web. It is very similar to the current API.

otadocs.opentext.com/documentation/ihub31-dev/APIReference/index.html#page/APIReference%2FJSAPI-overview.html

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • Thanks for the reply, I have looked at the API and as far as i understand, it means i need to create another report by using the JS API.
    The functions gotoBookmark() and gotoPage() look exactly like what i need, however, i need to basically access/wrap it around my existing report so then i can change the pages. Because right now the bookmarks are coming up null and its saying there are no pages in the report.
    I cant seem to figure out how to do this.

• jfranken
    edited January 27, 2020 #4

I have attached an example showing how to jump to a bookmark that is on a different page than the current page. The code to do the jump is in a custom visualization. The example was created in 16.4. I hope it helps.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • Sorry for the delay but that looks like what i need. I will test in the coming few days. Thank you.