DQL for output in excel

anu1
edited December 18, 2020 in Documentum #1

Hi,

My requirement is as below to have output in excel -

User/Group NameUser email AddressBelongs to GroupAccess LevelACL Name

Please let me know how can this be achieved using DQL.

Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• HI i want the answer for above one. pls help

• Pedro Maia
    edited January 29, 2020 #3

Just use a tool like DQLTester or dqMan to execute the DQL and export to Excel.

Pedro Maia
    Senior Consultant
    OpenText

• DCTM_Guru
    edited January 29, 2020 #4

@PedroMaia - have you ever tried using dqMan with repository that has records installed on it? We deployed records DAR and now dqMan no longer can connect to 7.3 repository. It worked perfectly before records installation. As part of records deployment, I vaguely remember seeing a warning that any 5.3 clients will no longer worked, but I figured dqMan was 6.x/7.x client since it uses dfc.jar.

• Pedro Maia
    edited January 29, 2020 #5

Hi Johnny - I'm afraid I haven't worked with RM for some years, so I haven't tried this.I am using dqMan 6.0.1.2 that still relies on dmcl40.dll and dmcl.ini...

Pedro Maia
    Senior Consultant
    OpenText

• From custom Java program, you can use DFC to run the DQL and get the results. Then, use Java libraries such as Apache POI to generate an Excel.

dqMan has an option to export to Excel, but I am not quite sure it can connect to modern versions of Documentum 16.x

• SivDM is possible to export DQL result to excel

• @samagabrielb - does SivDM support Documentum 16.x? Most of the older DQL utilities are dmcl based and will not work on latest version of Documentum

• if configured as DFC project along with latest jar, it is working fine