How to Use JavaScript Variables in WebReport Tags

Options
SamanthaB
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
I've made an ajax request to ?func=personal.settings in order to get the user's language settings. I then used JavaScript to see if en_CA" SELECTED>English or fr_CA" SELECTED>Français is present. I like to put the results into a WebReport tag but I noticed two things.

1. WebReport tags seem to ignore JavaScript rules so if you put one tag in an IF and the same tag in an ELSE, it will still populate the first (regardless if it meets the if requirements) and override it with the second.
2. I might be missing something but i don't see a way to put a JavaScript var in at WebReport tag var. It only seems to accept strings.

Is there a way to work around the two above issues? Also, please let me know if there is a better place to post this. This is for an active view but it uses the same tag system as WebReports. 

Comments

• This forum community is for OpenText Analytics Designer and Eclipse BIRT Designers. It does not feel like you are using these product. Correct me if I am wrong. If you are using OpenText Analytics Designer, I would say attach a sample report to get a faster response.
  • Kk! I'll try to find the correct location.
  • If you are unable to find the community, let me know the product name and I will look it up.