Eclipse BIRT roadmap - stuck at version 4.9RC1?

ChrisXL
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
I'm a long time user of BIRT (since version 2), which we have integrated into our commercial ERP application.

I'm struggling to find any definitive information on the future of the Eclipse project.

The latest release - 4.8 - is now almost 2 years old. And the most recent build (4.9RC1) is over a year old.

Does anyone have any more information on this? Are there going to be any further Eclipse BIRT releases? If not, what are my options?

I can't be the only one thinking about this!

Many thanks in advance.

Chris.

Comments

• Hi Chris,
    The OpenText commercial version of the product has new releases quarterly.  There have been updates to the Open Source project in the last couple months, but I do not have information on the release plan for OS BIRT.  I will look into it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • Hi Jeff
    Many thanks for your reply - I await any further details you can find.
    I am assuming that for my usage the licence fees for the commercial version would be prohibitive... or has there been any pattern of BIRT users successfully migrating over to the commercial version?
    Chris.
  • jfranken
    edited June 16, 2020 #4
    Hi Chris,
    I was able to get some information about OS BIRT.  There isn't a date for the next release, so the releases you mentioned are the latest releases for the time being.
    Regarding the  license fees for the commercial version, I do not have that information.  In terms of functionality, a lot is being done with the commercial version including new data sources, advanced charting capabilities, custom visualizations, specialized scripting languages, etc.  There are also many new integrations with other products like Magellan, Media Management, and others.  The support is very good too (my biased opinion  :) ).   If you are interested in finding out about the offerings, here is a link to contact the Sales team:
    If you ask to be contacted but do not get a reply in a timely manner, let me know and I will find someone to contact you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb