How to refresh the parameter page on the Scheduler in iHub server?

Sai krishna
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1
Hello Team,
Good day!

I have created a Date prompt which shows "Today's Date" by default. But in Scheduler, the date value in the prompt was not getting refreshed it was showing the same date after sometime. Could you please tell me how to refresh that date prompt value in Scheduler (i mean, how to auto refresh the parameter page in IHub Server). Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
Sai
Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb

Comments

• Hi Sai,

The scheduler does not handle dynamic parameters, they are set at schedule time and static moving forward.  This is by design and cannot be changed.

To get around this, you will need to add scripting to the BIRT report to evaluate the dynamic parameters at run time.  I'll see if we have a snip-it of sample code available.
  • Hi Sai,

If the parameter is named "startDate", placing the following code in the beforeFactory event of the report body will cause the current date to display as the default for the parameter:

params["startDate"].value = BirtDateTime.today();

• jneneman said:
    Hi Sai,

The scheduler does not handle dynamic parameters, they are set at schedule time and static moving forward.  This is by design and cannot be changed.

To get around this, you will need to add scripting to the BIRT report to evaluate the dynamic parameters at run time.  I'll see if we have a snip-it of sample code available.
    Hello Jeffray,

Thanks for the reply.
  • Hello Jeffray,

Good day!
    Could you please share me if you have found any snip-it of sample code regarding this "Parameter page Auto refresh".

Thanks,
    Sai
  • Hi Sai,

Jeffrey asked me to post a code snippet.  I posted it above.  Set the default parameter value in beforeFactory of the report instead of setting the default value in the parameter expression.  The beforeFactory code will refresh the parameter value each time the report is run.