Error while starting indexing server in Normal mode

HogWild
edited May 10, 2016 in Documentum #1

Hi,

I started my index agent in re-indexing mode and it completed successfully. Then I tried to start it back in Normal mode. It is giving below error: -

com.emc.documentum.core.fulltext.client.index.FtFeederException: Error while getting the customization class name for routing to a collection. Host [prodSrv01] and Port [8300].

Any ideas?

I also verified there is no port conflict. I used netstat command in CMD to verify 8300 is open for listening. And it was. Not sure why I am getting this error. I also tried re-starting all servies associated with documentum on my indexing server but still I am getting this error.

I am using xplore 1.0.

Any help in this regard is highly appreciated. Please help. Thanks!

Answers

• mwelburn@tsgrp.com
    edited November 16, 2011 #2

I'm having the same issue? Has anyone else experienced this?

• HogWild
    edited November 21, 2011 #3

In our case it worked when we started our services in the following order with a time gap of 15+ mins between index agent and xPlore Primary DSearch, we tried this after re-indexing was complete: -

1. Index Agent

2. dsearch

3. watchdog - but later we stopped this service. We just decided not to use it for now.

• alain_molimard
    edited August 29, 2013 #4

Did you found a better solution!

We are experiencing the same thing.

Regards

Alain

• StijnQ
    edited March 31, 2015 #5

Did anyone find a solution to this problem? I'm having the same problem.

• MmayankK
    edited June 23, 2015 #6

com.emc.documentum.core.fulltext.client.index.FtFeederException: Error while getting the customization class name for routing to a collection. Host [prodSrv01] and Port [9300].

Pls reply ASAP

• POPIN
    edited May 9, 2016 #7

We are facing the same issue, any solution for this issue?

• Andrea Paci
    edited May 10, 2016 #8

Hi

The xPlore Administration guide includes a section describing possible causes for such error:

Startup problems

Make sure that the index agent web application is running. On Windows, verify that the Documentum

Indexagent service is running. On Linux, verify that you have instantiated the index agent using the

start script in xplore_home/jboss_version/server.

Make sure that the user who starts the index agent has permission in the repository to read all content

that is indexed.

If the repository name is reported as null, restart the repository and the connection broker and try again.

If you see a status 500 on the index agent UI, examine the stack trace for the index agent instance. If a

custom routing class cannot be resolved, this error appears in the browser:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: An exception occurred processing JSP page

/action_dss.jsp at line 39

root cause

com.emc.documentum.core.fulltext.common.IndexServerRuntimeException:

com.emc.documentum.core.fulltext.client.index.FtFeederException:

Error while instantiating collection routing custom class...

If the index agent web application starts with port conflicts, stop the index agent with the script. If you

run a stop script, run as the same administrator user who started the instance. The index agent locks

several ports, and they are not released by closing the command window.

You can also try to close the browser, stop the Index Agent service, clear its cache (work and temp folders content), restart the service and try again.

If the issue persists, check the xPlore logs (dsearch.log and xdb.log) for issues. I have seen this error on systems where xPlore ran out of disk space cascading into this error in the Index Agent. Other environments had index corruption at xPlore level, causing this error on the Index Agent too...

Good luck!

• i got the same issue.Our server was affected by an attack, and had to be restored from back up. when trying to start index agent in normal mode received this error.
    com.emc.documentum.core.fulltext.client.index.FtFeederException: Error while getting the customization class name for routing to a collection. Host [prodSrv01] and Port [9300].

checking on dsearch.log and xdb.log, complained about missing xhive log file under xal folder file. creating the required log file resulted in the eof error. Also dearch.war failed to deploy under deployments folder. Looked like corrupted file or missing files from backup. Uninstalled index agent, dsearch instance and xplore . Reinstalled everything xplore, dsearch instance and index agnet. Started new indexing operation , which indexed all the files and search was up and running. There were only 800,000 files to index  which took 36 plus hours to index. Not a lot of data to index.