How to configure a default documenttype on a folder within a workspace?

Hello,

In the workspace configuration I have configured 3 folders as a template for my workspace: 

When a workspace of this type is created it containts the following 3 folders:

Now I want to configure a default documenttype for the folder “Apology Letter”: 

When I navigate to the folder that contains the workspaces, the subfolder in my workspace are not available.

I can only configure the Documenttype on the root level of the workspace “Complaint” but not on any of the automated created folders within the workspace. The option “Include subfolders” does not work either. 

How can I set a default documenttype on a folder within a workspace? And how can I change the documenttype of document in a folder within the workspace?

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi @Dave Snijders,

for workspaces the document types are defined in the workspace template.

If you click on the folder in the administration you can select the document types in the side panel.

• Hi @Bernhard Mayer ,

Thank you, I configured the documenttype as you suggested and that fixed my problem within the workspace. When I add a document to a folder within the workspace, the documenttype is automatically set.

But, when I add a document from Core Case Management to this folder, the default documenttype is not set.

Document added from Core Case:

When I open the document that I added in Core Content to the folder within the workspace, the documenttype is set:

When I open the document that I added in Core Case to the folder, the documenttype is not set:

Does it require additional configuration to get this working from Core Case? Or is this not supported from Core Case?

• Hi @Dave Snijders ,

You should use the Core Content widget instead of the Core Case folder component. To use the Core Content widget go to setting of the respective case application and check the flag “Use Core Content widget” under content mangement section as shown below..

Regards,

Sriram.A

• Thank you @Srirama Akella

I tried it activating the Core Content Widget. But now when I create a case and try to save, the error below is raised:

• Hi @Dave Snijders

Case creation failure might be different reasons as enabling the core content widget shouldn't obstruct the process, you can re-confirm by reverting the changes though..

Regards,

Sriram.A

• Hi @Srirama Akella ,

I reverted the changes but the error indeed remains. So I now created a new case with the widget on, but then when I try to open the Case Documents, I get the following error:

• Hi @Dave Snijders,

Can you please request the tenant admin to follow the instructions provided in the attached KB Article. Once configure give it 5-10 and then try opening the case documents section.

Regards,

Sriram.A

• Thank you @Srirama Akella !

I got it to work. I can now sign a document from within the case.