OD6.0 Reports with Oracle 9.2 database

SriniYA
edited July 20, 2021 in TeamSite #1
I am trying to configure Oracle9.2 database for OD 6.0 reports. I have TeamSite 6.1 SP1 on Solaris 8. I have Oracle 9.2 client on TeamSite server. I did all the changes according to the OD 6.0 Admin Guide (Page# 261).

I have changed <iwodhome>/bin/iwodstart, added the following lines

# set classpath - adding the JDBC driver for Oracle
ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/product/9.2
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/oracle/product/9.2/lib
TNS_ADMIN=/oracle/product/9.2/network/admin
ORACLE_CLASS=$ORACLE_HOME/jdbc/lib/ojdbc14.jar
JAVA_CLASSPATH=$OD_JARS:$JAVA_CLASSES:$ORACLE_CLASS

I have copied classes12.jar and ojdbc14.jar from 9.2 client into <odAdmin>/httpd/iwwebapps/opendeploy/WEB-INF/lib folder.

in the <odAdmin>/odadmin/config/adminEventReportingConfig.xml, I have
<database name="ReportingDB"
className="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
connectionString="jdbcSmiley SurprisedracleSmiley Surprisedci:@TNSNAMEENTRY"&gt;
<property name="user" value="USERNAME" />
<property name="password" value="PASSWORD" />
</database>

In the <odAdmin>/odadmin/log/server_database.log. i am getting following messages

2004-09-22 11:38:28 EDT - === Log Opened ===
2004-09-22 11:43:07 EDT - DriverManager.initialize: jdbc.drivers = null
2004-09-22 11:43:07 EDT - JDBC DriverManager initialized
2004-09-22 11:43:07 EDT - registerDriver: driver[className=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver,oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver@35ae7e]
2004-09-22 11:43:07 EDT - DriverManager.getConnection("jdbcSmiley SurprisedracleSmiley Surprisedci:@TNSNAMEENTRY ")
2004-09-22 11:43:07 EDT - trying driver[className=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver,oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver@35ae7e]
2004-09-22 11:43:15 EDT - DriverManager.getConnection("jdbcSmiley SurprisedracleSmiley Surprisedci:@ TNSNAMEENTRY ")

in the <odAdmin>/odadmin/log/server_odadmin_servletd.log. I am getting following error.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no ocijdbc9 in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1344)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:744)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:815)

Any idea what I can do to resolve this? Thanks a lot for your help

Comments

• Looks like you're using an OCI driver. Do you have the corresponding OCI software installed?

Otherwise, consider using a pure Java Oracle driver.

Also, you shouldn't be changing iwodstart. That's a legacy command line tool that has nothing to do with the reporting feature.

Todd Scallan
    Director of Product Management
    Interwoven
    t: 408-530-7167
    e: tscallan@interwoven.com
  • Hi Todd.....

We have Oracle 9.2 client on TeamSite server. We have Oracle parallel servers. So I have to use OCI drivers to connect to the database.

I was told to modify iwodstart command to specify ORACLE_HOME, JAVA_CLASSPATH by Interwoven Tech support. So my Question is , how do I specify ORACLE_HOME, JAVA_CLASSPATH for OD Reports.

Thanks in Advance....
  • I believe any of the files required by the driver need to be located in <admin-home>/httpd/iwwebapps/opendeploy/WEB-INF/lib.

If you intend to change the class path or introduce other environment variables for use by the reporting server or driver, that would have to be somewhere in the OD Admin Server startup, since the reporting server is part of the admin server process. (I.e., the admin server is the Oracle client who updates the database.)

I'm not sure exactly where you would make such changes. So, you might want to focus your query with Tech Support on how to configure reporting for the OCI driver. If they can't provide an answer, then they should request "techspert" and/or engineering assistance.

Hope that helps.

Todd Scallan
    Director of Product Management
    Interwoven
    t: 408-530-7167
    e: tscallan@interwoven.com
TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs