how can i write dql script for creating users,groups,and set permissions for the users?where should

crimsonnav
edited July 3, 2011 in Documentum #1

how can i write Dql script for creating users,groups,and setting acl permisssion to the users and where i have to run this script. i.e., should i run this on api or sql or using dfc. if possibleon dfc please give sample code of that.    

Best Answer

• XdctmX
    edited May 7, 2010 #2 Answer ✓

If you create DQL statement then you have to run it using idql utility which you can find in the Content Server's bin folder. If you create a dfc program you can run it in an system, which has dfc installed in it. If you create API script, use iapi utility which you can find in the Content Server's bin folder.

Answers

• XdctmX
    edited May 7, 2010 #3 Answer ✓

If you create DQL statement then you have to run it using idql utility which you can find in the Content Server's bin folder. If you create a dfc program you can run it in an system, which has dfc installed in it. If you create API script, use iapi utility which you can find in the Content Server's bin folder.

• crimsonnav
    edited May 8, 2010 #4

please could you give some sample code for writing dql script. how to save this file.how should i run this script in idql utility.

• jurerai
    edited May 8, 2010 #5

1. For  creation of objects with DQL you have to use CREATE statement:

DQL for creating users:

create dm_user object
    set client_capability=2,
    set default_folder=’<foldername>’,
    set home_docbase=’<docbasename>’,
    set
    user_address=’a@abc.com’,
    set user_os_domain=’<domain>’,
    set user_name=’<username>’,
    set user_os_name=’<username>’,
    set user_privileges=0;

DQL for creating ACLs:

create dm_group object, set group_name = '<mygroupName>'

DQL for creating groups:

create dm_acl object, set object_name = 'MyACL'

2. Create dql script:

Save all the DQL sentences to a text file with ending .dql. (each sentence should be end with semicolon and sentence go):

3. Run the script:

On the server where you have content server set up run this code in prompt:

idql32 docbasename-Uusername -Ppassword -RC:\test.dql

• glomdigg
    edited July 3, 2011 #6

How to set user_password ?

• create dm_user object set client_capability=8, set default_folder='/Temp', set home_docbase='DocbaseName', set user_address='DocbaseName@ing.com', set user_name='dctmadmin', set user_login_name='dctmadmin', set user_privileges=16, set user_state=0, set owner_def_permit=7, set world_def_permit=3, set group_def_permit=5, set user_source='inline password', set user_password='dctmadmin', set user_group_name='docu'

• Hi How to update the client privilege and user capbility using dql? 
  • @Meg Bartolome, this is an old thread... It is bad etiquette to reopen old threads, especially if you already created a new post with the same question.

Pedro Maia
    Senior Consultant
    OpenText