invokeMethod() failed while calling: onGetUCFSession

Options
Bharani
edited June 12, 2014 in Documentum #1

Hi Experts,

I am trying to export a document from webtop(customized) to my desktop. I am able to see the export dialog where I can select the path and click on OK. When I click on OK it brings up this error. My webtop version is 6.7

An error has occurred.

invokeMethod() failed while calling:
onGetUCFSession

class
com.documentum.web.contentxfer.ucf.UcfSessionManager$ClientException

After closing this window, press the Refresh or
Reload button on your browser to continue.

Hide Details

Stack Trace:

com.documentum.web.contentxfer.ucf.UcfSessionManager$ClientException
at
com.documentum.web.contentxfer.ucf.UcfSessionManager.newSession(UcfSessionManager.java:425)
at
com.documentum.web.contentxfer.ucf.UcfSessionManager.getSession(UcfSessionManager.java:137)
at
com.documentum.web.contentxfer.ucf.UcfContentTransport.getUcfSession(UcfContentTransport.java:195)
at
com.documentum.web.contentxfer.ucf.UcfContentTransport.<init>(UcfContentTransport.java:68)
at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
at
java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
at
java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:355)
at
java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:308)
at
com.documentum.webcomponent.library.contenttransfer.ContentTransferServiceContainer.createTransport(ContentTransferServiceContainer.java:713)
at
com.documentum.webcomponent.library.contenttransfer.export.ExportContainer.createTransport(ExportContainer.java:155)
at
com.documentum.webcomponent.library.contenttransfer.ContentTransferServiceContainer.invokeService(ContentTransferServiceContainer.java:319)
at
com.documentum.webcomponent.library.contenttransfer.export.UcfExportContainer.invokeService(UcfExportContainer.java:128)
at
com.documentum.webcomponent.library.contenttransfer.ContentTransferServiceContainer.invokeService(ContentTransferServiceContainer.java:306)
at com.documentum.webcomponent.library.contenttransfer.ContentTransferServiceContainer.tryCommitChanges(ContentTransferServiceContainer.java:286)
at
com.documentum.webcomponent.library.contenttransfer.export.UcfExportContainer.onGetUCFSession(UcfExportContainer.java:115)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at
com.documentum.web.form.FormProcessor.invokeMethod(FormProcessor.java:1633)
at
com.documentum.web.form.FormProcessor.invokeMethod(FormProcessor.java:1487)
at
com.documentum.web.form.FormProcessor.fireActionEvent(FormProcessor.java:1303)
at
com.documentum.web.form.RecallOperation.execute(RecallOperation.java:101)
at
com.documentum.web.form.FormProcessor.processAction(FormProcessor.java:113)
at
com.documentum.web.form.FormAction.processAction(FormAction.java:107)
at
com.documentum.web.env.WDKController.doStartRequest(WDKController.java:191)
at
com.documentum.web.env.WDKController.processRequest(WDKController.java:92)
at
com.documentum.web.env.WDKController.doFilter(WDKController.java:83)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl.doFilter(FilterChainImpl.java:42)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3496)
at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Unknown Source)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext

Tagged:

Comments

• grandn
    grandn E
    edited June 6, 2014 #2
    Options

From the exception, it looks like UCF hasn't been downloaded to Browser/Client machine. This will impact all content transfer operations (Import, Export, Check-out, Check-in etc.)

Can you please confirm the following details of Browser/Client machine:

• OS version, 32-bit or 64-bit?
    • Browser version, 32-bit or 64-bit?
    • JRE version and 32-bit/64-bit, that is being used by browser?

Is it Webtop 6.7 GA or any Service packs or Patches applied? Exact Webtop version/build?

Above details will help to understand the issue clearly.

• Bharani
    edited June 9, 2014 #3
    Options

Hi Narayana,

• OS version, 32-bit or 64-bit? Windows 7 SP1, 32 bit
    • Browser version, 32-bit or 64-bit? IE 9 (How to check 32 or 64?)
    • JRE version and 32-bit/64-bit, that is being used by browser? See AttachedJRE Version_Browser.JPG.jpg

Is it Webtop 6.7 GA or any Service packs or Patches applied? Server Version : 6.7.2060.0087 Linux.Oracle

Exact Webtop version/build?

Awaiting your reply..

• grandn
    grandn E
    edited June 10, 2014 #4
    Options

Since your OS version is a 32-bit windows OS, there is no way you can install 64-bit IE browser or 64-bit JRE. All items are definetely 32-bit.

BTW, did you open any Consult Request or Service Request with EMC/Documentum Support?

I will see if there is any resolution/workaround for this issue and post it at the earliest.

• Bharani
    edited June 10, 2014 #5
    Options

Hi Narayana,

Thanks for reverting back. I havent opened any SR with EMC yet. Please check and let me know to solve this issue. I have tried clearing all the cache like IE, UCF and JRE. But still not sure why this error is occuring.

• grandn
    grandn E
    edited June 12, 2014 #6
    Options

Hi Bharani,

Did you cross check if the UCF related files/libraries are being downloaded successfully to Browser machine for the first time? I doubt UCF hasn't been loaded to Browser m/c successfully and it will impact all the content transfer operations?

Since you have 2 JRE versions enabled in your machine, not sure which one is being used. First of all, check if your Webtop 6.7 supports the JRE versions that you have in browser machine.

You can also enable "Java console" from Control Panel -> Java (32-bit) -> Advanced tab with "enable tracing" and "enable logging" options and retry the import operation to see if there is any useful information.

Thanks,

Narayana