Courier sending emails to already registered users

edited June 10, 2016 in Leap

Hello,

I see a strange behavior in Courier: once I add myself to the template designer role, or the case creator role, I get email messages that I was invited to Courier. We should suppress those messages once the user has a login, otherwise we will create confusions.

Best Answer

• salmaosamasalmaosama Salma Osama
    edited June 10, 2016 Accepted Answer

Thanks for the clarification. I've raised the following issue: COURIER-1281 to Engineering with your enhancement suggestion.

Please mark this question as answered if you don't have any further questions regarding this.

Answers

• salmaosamasalmaosama Salma Osama
    edited June 9, 2016

Hello,

The email message acts as a notification to the user that he has been assigned a new role as in the following screenshot:

courier notification.JPG.jpg

So it's not just an invitation email, it also includes information about the new role assigned.

Thanks.

• AjayAjay EM, Member
    edited June 9, 2016

Could you elaborate on the questions below:

The system sends email to user notifying that (s)he is added to a new role. You mentioned that we should suppress the message.

1. Do you mean that user should NOT be notified?

2. If you believe a email notification is needed, what's your recommendation on the subject and content of the email?

• edited June 10, 2016

I would expect the fact that we know that the user is already in Courier, maybe just send an email that there is a new role assigned to them instead of the generic invitation email.