Can't upload document

AriAri
edited June 24, 2016 in Leap

I Created case template with payroll role and case instance

https://ari-courier.saas.emcond.com/web/case-instance/tango%252Fcase-instance%252F1d6d52df350f4fe5b477f5282a888b82

The user [email protected] in payroll role cant upload documents.

The document is loaded to 90%+ and then I get error message

error_occured.png

the case owner can upload documents to these portfolios

the workflow setting for the portfolio

workflow.png

also has same error

Best Answer

• edited June 20, 2016 Accepted Answer

Hi Ari,

This is a tricky one for us to prioritize today given the fact that it is only gmail a few webmail providers that support using '+' within an email address.

We are looking into the effort of supporting 'less common' special characters and based on that we will either add support for '+' or restrict email addresses from having a '+' altogether in order to avoid this error.

If '+' becomes more broadly used (beyond gmail and webmail in general and into Exchange, Domino, Novel..) then we will up the priority on this regardless of the technical complexity to make it happen.

Please do reach out if you see this as causing issues with prospects or customers and we can try and take that into account.

Answers

• edited June 9, 2016

Please carry out the operation again but this time with debug tool switch on to see the error

if you are using chrome:

Chrome DevTools | Web Tools - Google Developers

if you are using ff:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Debugger

• AriAri
    edited June 9, 2016

This happens for users who have + sign in the email address.

Tested with another user without + in email address also in payroll role. The upload works ok.

• edited June 9, 2016

Hello Ari,

We tried to test in house but we couldnt get an email with + sign as its not permitted with most of the mail providers.

I just wonder is this business requirement to use email address with + sign ??

• AjayAjay EM mod
    edited June 9, 2016

Thanks for the tip.

We are able to replicate this issue internally and the tracker number is COURIER-1273.

To 's comment, we would like to know if this is business requirement where several users have '+' in their email ID or an isolated use case?

• AriAri
    edited June 10, 2016

I don't know how typical this is for customers having '+' in the email id.

We found this only because we were using this gmail trick to have multiple users in Courier using same gmail account...

• edited June 24, 2016

Hi Team,

email addresses are allowed to have the + sign.

RFC 5322 - Internet Message Format

If we want to have a product that doesn't have issues with all kind of (on the first sight) strange email addresses we should stick with the standard.

It says that these chars are allowed.:

ALPHA = Printable US-ASCII characters not including specials. Used for atoms.

This is the list they specify for the part on the left of the @ sign.

ALPHA / DIGIT / "!" / "#" / "$" / "%" / "&" / "'" / "*" / "+" / "-" / "/" / "=" / "?" / "^" / "_" / "`" / "{" / "|" / "}" / "~"

http://isemail.info/about

Dietmar

• nkingnking EM
    edited June 24, 2016

I agree, I have an email address that starts with a number and that's not allowed as of today either.

Sent from my iPhone