Installation of new Snap Designer failed

edited June 27, 2016 in Leap

Hello,

Launched Snap Designer and it tells me there's a new version. When I follow the instructions I get the following error:

1. When I double click on the installation EXE I get:

2016-06-27_10-39-07.png

2. When I run the installation EXE as Administrator I get:

2016-06-27_10-39-32.png

Cheers,

P.

Best Answer

• edited June 27, 2016 Accepted Answer

Hi Gareth,

Yes that was reproduced only on snap designer upgrade window. But from the SNAP web admin i am able to download the full package (365 MB).

Thank you,

Answers

• edited June 27, 2016

Hi Febo,

Can you let me know the size of the snapdesigner.exe that was downloaded? Did you download it  from the SNAP web interface or you upgrade it from the SNAP designer login page (the Window that asks you for upgrade the snap designer)?

Thank you,

• hutchins_garethhutchins_gareth Gareth Hutchins
    edited June 27, 2016

I got the same issue. The download size was 5KB

• edited June 27, 2016

Hi iHady,

I confirm the size is 4.19KB and I can download Designer from the SNAP UI indeed.

Do you know when this will be resolved? If days, will there be a communication going to customers?

Cheers,

P.

• edited June 27, 2016

Hi Febo,

I have logged a defect fix on SNAP-993 , i will provide you with updates once i had any news.

Thank you,

• AjayAjay EM mod
    edited June 27, 2016

Extra security was added to the Snap server around downloading the Snap Designer installer. Because the LA 16.5.201 Snap Designer did not implement this extra security, it cannot download the Snap Designer update.

The work-around is to download and install the Snap Designer 16.6.13 from the web client (Management -> Manage Connections -> Download Snap Designer). Once 16.6.13 is installed any future downloads from Snap Designer will work correctly.