prerequisites for connecting to a 7.5 Capture server from SNAP?

hardwbhardwb Benjamin Hardwick
edited October 7, 2016 in Leap

I am trying to specify a connection to a Captiva 7.5 server from within the Snap Designer in the Capture Profile Export options. I don't see any documentation that describes where the target system can be located from the network perspective. I see a small catch-22 here where the target system is not going to be accessible to both the Snap Designer development box and the SNAP system that is cloud based. Can someone elaborate on how this all should be set up?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• edited October 7, 2016 Accepted Answer

Hi ,

1. Yes, you need an instance of C 7.5 including a Web Components install, that is licensed, and configured according the the Captiva Capture 7.1 or 7.5 documentation Installation Guide. Support will eventually use AWS to host a Captiva Capture system to export to. Not familiar with Copperfield option for this? Will you elaborate more please?
    2. Captiva Capture Installation Guide has instructions on how to bind the SSL certificate to the Captiva REST URL. Self signed certificates are not supported and a valid certificate must be purchased from a CA. You give the CA some information concerning the URL, domain, etc and they will provide you with one.
    3. The proper syntax for the URL is the same as for logging requests into Captiva Capture REST Services API since this is basically the same.

https://<servername>:8080/cp-rest

Note that the CaptureFlow Name entered into the Capture Profile Export option must have a Standard Import step in the process.

Thanks.

Answers

• hutchins_garethhutchins_gareth Gareth Hutchins Member
    edited October 7, 2016

You must be able to reach the Captiva REST service from the LEAP platform. There is the option of a tunneling service from LEAP to the REST service or the service could be exposed to the public internet.

• AjayAjay EM, Member
    edited October 7, 2016

Hi

The Captiva Server must be accessible outside the corporate firewall. The SNAP app hosted on public cloud must be able to access the Captiva Server over SSL. SNAP only supports connections over SSL with a certificate signed by trusted CA. 

The tunneling service (IMO) is only available for LEAP Express app connectivity with D2REST.

Thanks,

Ajay

• edited October 7, 2016

Hi ,

When an export connection, FTP, CMIS, AX, Captiva Capture Server, AX, etc, is tested within SNAP Designer, the connection is most likely over local LAN. Whereas testing that same connection within the SNAP Web Client -> Management -> Manage Connections utility is testing connection from the SNAP exporter executing on a machine in the LEAP Cloud to the publicly accessible CMIS URL with a valid certificate from CA. Is this what you were asking concerning the small Catch 22?

Thanks.

• hardwbhardwb Benjamin Hardwick
    edited October 7, 2016

Hi Jeff,

I’ve reviewed the KT and the documentation. Although helpful, neither of them addresses how to go about getting access to an instance of a Capture Server to connect to. It does discuss some of the technical restrictions on those connections, such as the need to use SSL and a valid CA certificate, but nothing that will help me accomplish it. I do know more at this point, but here is what remains as far as trying to get this set up and working:

1. 1. I need an instance of Captiva 7.5 that would be accessible to the SNAP Cloud environment. Who could help me do this? Is the Copperfield environment an option for this?
    2. 2. Who can guide me to getting the proper certificate, including installation/configuration?
    3. 3. What is the proper syntax in the connection window in the SNAP connection management window in the URL field?
    edited October 7, 2016

I intend to create another lab for this. I've just created a CMIS one which I'll give to you next week.

• edited October 7, 2016

Hi ,

Do you plan on posting these documents on ECN?

Thanks,

edited October 7, 2016

Yes, when they are completed and tested.

• edited October 7, 2016

Hi ,

These labs will be very helpful for users trying to configure CMIS and Captiva Capture Exporters.

Thanks.

• hardwbhardwb Benjamin Hardwick
    edited October 7, 2016

Hi GarethH,

I have an instance of Captiva running in the cloud that should be accessible to SNAP. It has 7.5 & Standard Import installed as well as IIS/Rest services installed and licensed. Would this provide a good platform to test/develop the Lab for this that you refer to?