Welcome and thank you for joining our new OpenText forum. Your questions, responses, best practices, and tips shared with other members will help make this channel vibrant. We're glad you're joining us and look forward to collaborating with you online.

Check out the Getting Started With OpenText Forums for tips on personalizing your experience.

Replace feature fails

edited March 8, 2017 in Leap

Hello,

I need to use LEAP Courier feature "Replace" to upload a new content file into an existing document.

Unfortunately, Replace feature always fails with the following error message :

"File with this extension cannot be uploaded"

chrome_2017-03-06_14-59-07.png

I tested with lots of different file type/extension (.docx, .pdf, .jpg, etc) and documents created manually or throught Courier APIs : result is always the same.

Can anyone confirm/infirm this behavior?

Benoit

Best Answer

• edited March 8, 2017 Accepted Answer

Hi Ahmed,

You're right, LEAP Courier only allow to replace a document by a file having the same extension.

I also have a related issue with contentless document (placeholder) I create using LEAP Courier APIs. This is somehow related since a contentless document has no extension, and I'd like to replace it with a file having an extension ; so extension doesn't match.

May I ask you if you would like to raise a defect / feature request for that?

Benoit

Answers

• edited March 6, 2017

HI Mittau,

I have tested and it only allowed me to replace with the same extension. Can you please let me know let me know if its the scenario you are facing ? Please try to replace with a document with the same extension. 

• edited March 8, 2017

Hi Benoit,

I have created the following feature request COURIER-2043. I will mark this thread as answered.

• edited March 8, 2017

Thanks Ahmed