Content 7.3 on Windows Server 2016 Standard

Options
Francois Dauberlieu
edited August 25, 2017 in Documentum #1

Couldn't find any references of Server 2016 in the release notes but I still gave it a shot.

when I start the installer (7.3 for Oracle), I get the following error once InstallAnywhere has finished decompressing everything:

Flexeraax2$aaa: Windows DLL failed to load

at Flexeraax2.af(Unknown Source)

at Flexeraax2.aa(Unknown Source)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.init(Unknown Source)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.LifeCycleManager.executeApplication(Unknown Source)

at com.zerog.ia.installer.Main.main(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)

at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(Unknown Source)

Has anybody seen and solved that before ?

Comments

• DCTM_Guru
    edited August 25, 2017 #2
    Options

You should submit support ticket to confirm whether 2016 is supported.  The 7.3 release notes only says windows server 2012.

• Francois Dauberlieu
    edited August 25, 2017 #3
    Options

Thanx Johnny

Yes, I saw that and yes I will but I expect the answer will be not supported at this time.

I was just wondering if anybody had tried, and succeeded in installing the CS on it....

• AshishSrivastava
    edited August 25, 2017 #4
    Options

You are right . I raised support ticket and they just pointed to the compatibility matrix saying its not supported. I ended up installing CS 7.3 on windows 2012 but I had to install D2 4.7 Patch 07 also which I installed on supported platform windows 2016.

There were other problems as well like DA is supported on different version of Tomcat and D2 on a different version so I have to install two tomcat instances. DA or WDK 6.8.2 and D2 latest patches if accessed from same desktop causes CtF plugin problems in IE due to BHO incompatibilities and support seems to know the issue amd resolution , hope they package the right version of BHO msi in upcoming release of DA

Kind Regards,

Ashish Srivastava