Special Characters are replacing as ? for All attributes

Hi Experts,
we are facing an issues, when we are updating an attributes with special characters, Some times characters are saving correctly. Sometimes its get replaced with '?'. We tried different combinations of special characters with numbers & characters, the behaviour is different each time.

Can I know , if anyone has already faced such issues. Is this issue is with documentum CS?

What is the solution to avoid such behaviou? OR what are the possible special characters which are not allowed to be in attribute value?

Thanks,
Ekta Vegad

Best Answer

Answers

• Assuming that the RDBMS used by Content Server is using Unicode character set, there should be no issues. This is most likely due to incorrect handling of encoding on your end. It would be a good idea to provide more information about which API/client you are using and the entire chain of processing.

• : \ * " ? < >

I also try avoid using commas, since commas may be interpreted as delimiter in custom code

• Thanks, I am using D2 to create or upload a file, Issue is while creating if I give any attribute value with special characters like - or " , sometimes it is replacing with ? not all the time.

• Presumably this D2 out of the box behavior - submit a support ticket to get official answer

• Hi @EktaVegad , did you find a solution to this issue?