Issue with date parameters on a scheduled job in iHub

CodeRookie
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1

Good morning, all!
I've got an issue that is driving me crazy trying to figure out. I have a report that my user wants to run every night at 12:01 am. All parameters are hidden, and are set to automatically populate with date/time values at the time the job fires. The problem I'm having is that the first time the job runs, the dates are fine, BUT every subsequent running uses the same date/time values as the initial run. I've tried every variation of scripting (that I can think of) to make this work, but no luck
I'm attaching a copy of the report in hopes that someone can take a look at it, maybe have an 'A-ha!' moment, and point out my issue.

Thanks in advance for any help, and have a great day!

Scott

Best Answer

Answers

• If all your parameter values are hidden, an alternative solution would be to just set the values in the beforeFactory method and skip the parameters all together.

However if you would like to have the parameters update during a scheduled event, give this a try:
    https://communities.opentext.com/forums/discussion/61523/automatically-update-birtdatetime-parameters-for-scheduled-reports-in-an-actuate-server-environment

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • Matthew,
    Thanks for the tips! I'll take a look at the linked article first, and see what it entails. I'll let you know how things turn out.

Have a great day!

Scott

• Matthew,
    I went the route described in the link. It didn't blow up the designs when I ran them in BRD, so that's a good start, and my output values matched my original designs, and that's an even better result. I've scheduled the jobs to start running tomorrow morning at 12:01am. I won't know if the dates are functioning correctly until it runs for a second night. I'll come back and update with the results.

Thanks, again, for the help!!

Scott

• Sounds good, feel free to post an update later this week to let us know the results

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb
  • Just realized I never got back with the results..... Everything worked just fine..