where do these js files go????

panamacarter22
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1

I am new to the concept of asking for help via community forum so please forgive any protocol infractions... Ok here we go...
I am self taught on BIRT so i may not get all the terminology and stuff right , but i will do my best.

I created a BIRT Report on on my local machine with birt report designer 2.5.1 This report uses an external js to do some business hours calculation.

Locally it works fine, and if i preview the report it runs fine. However the typical consumer of the report will be our BMC Remedy User base and they access the Report through a BMC Remedy Report console.

when i try to access the report via the console i get an error that reads ... " Unable to load Script file /resources/BirtConversionFunctionsX44.js."

I suspect that the js file itself cant be located by the report through our server group envirionment.

The environment is set up in a shared server group configuration with 2 application servers and 2 MidTier (Web-servers).

The MidTier are running Tomcat 8.5

I have tried putting this js in every which folder i could find, but nothing seems to work... HELP !!

Thanks

H. Carter

Answers

• jfranken
    edited March 29, 2018 #2

Hi H. Carter,

There isn't a protocol that I am aware of. Just ask questions. :)

Regarding the .js file, try searching the server where you uploaded the report. Look for a folder named "resources". Place the BirtConversionFunctionsX44.js file in the resources folder. Hopefully that will allow the report to find it and eliminate the error.

Regards,

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb