Is there a way to use highstock, rather than highcharts, in the Designer?

jmoritz
edited February 11, 2022 in Analytics #1

There are features in highstock, which I assume we have access to, that are not available in plain highcharts. Is there a way to switch to highstock in the Analytics Designer?

Best Answer

• jfranken
    #2 Answer ✓

Creating the chart in a report and adding the report or reportlet to the Dashboard provides more functionality than creating the chart in the Dashboard, so I recommend that you keep doing it that way.

In the chart options, the scrollbar can be enabled but simply enabling the scrollbar in the GUI or in code does not cause a scrollbar to be displayed. Are you able to open a support ticket? There may be a simple solution, but it requires more investigation. I'll post a solution here when I find one.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format ipb

Answers

• The Analytics Designer professional version supports Highstock 1.3.4.

• Thanks, Jeff. I'm an internal customer and an Actuate newbie, but working on a high-profile project with a tight deadline, so under a little pressure at the moment. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be helpful. I didn't know there was a pro version; I've only ever seen the one I'm using. If it's the pro version, I have no idea how to configure it to use highstock instead of plain highcharts.

• jfranken
    edited May 30, 2018 #5

What version are you running (there is a build number in the Help > About box)? What Highstock functionality are you trying to use?

• I'm using v 24.0.1, which is assume is pretty new. Maybe it already uses highstock? I'm trying to put a scrollbar in the x axis, which I can do in a web page. I'm creating a dashboard, and I've been embedding charts in reports and then incorporating them in the dashboard that way, though maybe that's not a good practice. The advantage is that I can manipulate chart configuration via scripts in a report, whereas I don't know how to do that in the dashboard chart editor. A scrollbar is an interactive feature, so maybe that's why it's not working for me. That said, the dashboard chart editor does support scrollbars, so I may have to live with it if that's what I want.

• jfranken
    #7 Answer ✓

Creating the chart in a report and adding the report or reportlet to the Dashboard provides more functionality than creating the chart in the Dashboard, so I recommend that you keep doing it that way.

In the chart options, the scrollbar can be enabled but simply enabling the scrollbar in the GUI or in code does not cause a scrollbar to be displayed. Are you able to open a support ticket? There may be a simple solution, but it requires more investigation. I'll post a solution here when I find one.