server.log issue in Documentum JBOSS 7.1.1 method server log

Hi All,

Documentum JBOSS 7.1.1 Method Server log size is too big ( D:\Documentum\jboss7.1.1\server\DctmServer_MethodServer\log\server.log).
So, we have set level to OFF in logging.properties file(D:\Documentum\jboss7.1.1\server\DctmServer_MethodServer\configuration\ logging.properties) and standalone.xml file (D:\Documentum\jboss7.1.1\server\DctmServer_MethodServer\configuration\ standalone.xml)

Still we could see logs are getting generated with huge size.

Is the above mentioned procedure is correct to disable logging ? How to disable logging for documentum jboss 7.1.1 method server ?

Can anyone please help me .

Thanks,
Susmitha.

Comments

• Logging.properties is for JBoss itself. Every components (ACS, JMS and BPM if deployed) has its own logging.

Search for log4j.properties in the server deployments folder and you can set them individually (As well as the max file size and rolling policy)

• @BTMSoftware said:
    Logging.properties is for JBoss itself. Every components (ACS, JMS and BPM if deployed) has its own logging.

Search for log4j.properties in the server deployments folder and you can set them individually (As well as the max file size and rolling policy)

Hi ,
    There is a log4j.properties file in Documentum\jboss7.1.1\server\DctmServer_MethodServer\deployments\ServerApps.ear\APP-INF\classes
    But if we look into that properties file there is no log configuration which is pointing to server.log
    Can you please help me in this ?

Thanks,
    Susmitha

• You're right. As far as I remember, I don't have a connection to a server right now, the server.log is indeed the one configured in logging.properties (this is the server level logs),

the thing is that in this log file, you'll not only see the Jboss logs but also each of the deployments logs, provided they do log something in stdout therefore, if in each log4j.properties file, you remove the loggin to stdout, that should considerably reduce the file size

Also, note that if you have D2 deployed, the you'll need to do the same in any and all logbacl.xml file you'll find in Jboss

• @BTMSoftware said:
    You're right. As far as I remember, I don't have a connection to a server right now, the server.log is indeed the one configured in logging.properties (this is the server level logs),

the thing is that in this log file, you'll not only see the Jboss logs but also each of the deployments logs, provided they do log something in stdout therefore, if in each log4j.properties file, you remove the loggin to stdout, that should considerably reduce the file size

Also, note that if you have D2 deployed, the you'll need to do the same in any and all logbacl.xml file you'll find in Jboss

Hi,
    Thanks for your support. Can you please let me know why logging is not getting disabled even if i set level to OFF.
    Thanks,
    Susmitha

• Nope, I can't. As I said, I'm not connected to a server as we speak. You might want to talk to OpenText support about that or read the JBoss doc....