Interwoven Interview Questions

Hi, I thought to start a thread to discuss some of the commonly asked questions for Interwoven related Job openings. This should help at least a few.
Some questions which i came across:

1. Why is iwperl used when we have perl?
2. What is bootstrap user?

please add your comments and the questions ?

Lal

Comments

• Hi, I thought to start a thread to discuss some of the commonly asked questions for Interwoven related Job openings. This should help at least a few.

Lal
    I think you need to be more specific about the position - there are some questions that are particularly relevant for someone who is going to be a TeamSite System Administrator and other questions which are specific to someone who is going to be a TeamSite Developer / Consultant.

With the former you may have questions about administering TeamSite, FormsPublisher, Workflow, OpenDeploy, DataDeploy, and perhaps other products like MetaTagger, MediaBin, etc. - as well as Apache, IIS, network knowledge, backups, etc.

With the latter you can include all sorts of development questions about UI customization, workflow creation and customization (WFTs, task types, external and cgi task scripts), FormsPublisher creation and customizations (DCTs, FormAPI, PTs, callouts), OpenDeploy configuration (server and deployments - fan-outs, DNRs etc.)

And of course, if you post all the questions and answers here - it just makes it easier for someone who knows only enough to get to DevNet to be able to pass ;-)
  • it just makes it easier for someone who knows only enough to get to DevNet to be able to pass ;-)

Yeah, I've come across a few people who can be described that way and I prefer to discourage it. So, it might be a disservice to future customers to continue this thread (?)
  • How do you pronounce ghoti ?
  • You may find this helpful: link
  • You are trying to get things handy for developers who seek to clear through the interviews... but would not able to work in situations.

To learn more it's better to ask questions on devnet. May be of basic manual questions. Smiley Happy
    Hi, I thought to start a thread to discuss some of the commonly asked questions for Interwoven related Job openings. This should help at least a few.

Lal
  • . How you could get the metadata information of teamsite objects
    . Difference between the iwattrib and iwextattr?
    . Which background CLT execute for "Get Latest" / "Copy To"?
    . What are the "Command Triggers"?
    . Explain Cache Management of TeamSite server?
    . Can we use a PT without a DCR? how?
    . You could also prepare questions on different roles and their privileges
    . How you will find errors in DCT/TPL
    . Questions on Perl

etc.
    etc.

You can make lot lot of questions but I agree said above it depends for which position interview conducting.

You can contact me offline for hundreds of questions or I could plan for your Interview? Smiley Wink

Thanks Nicholas
  • Some more here:
    1 . What is the architecture behind Open deploy.
    2. How TS differentiate b/w opendeploy and datadeploy based on CLT.
    3.diff b/w CGI callout and FormAPI..
    4. Diff b/w iwperl and perl?

Lal
  • wouldn't you employ someone if they didn't know the difference between perl and iwperl?
  • Depends on the position, I guess. It would definitely show that they haven't worked with the product as long and/or as in-depth as the interviewer might prefer.
  • How do you pronounce ghoti ?
    if you think what ghoti thinks, you are wrong. As there are a few disputable ways of pronouncing this Smiley Very Happy But I would make that an interview question, no doubts.
  • wouldn't you employ someone if they didn't know the difference between perl and iwperl?
    well, I don't know the difference either Smiley Happy
  • That really depends on the functional and other requirement of the project. Interwoven is such a implementation product with many different features.

BTW what you want to know with the questions. I believe this thread can be harmfull for the employers bcoz anyone can take the job with this helpfull questions.
    If you have any specific question, write me your req.

Thanks
    RG

Lal
  • That really depends on the functional and other requirement of the project. Interwoven is such a implementation product with many different features.

BTW what you want to know with the questions. I believe this thread can be harmfull for the employers bcoz anyone can take the job with this helpfull questions.
    If you have any specific question, write me your req.

Thanks
    RG
    common. If you can pass an interview with an employer, based just on the anwers from the forum, what can I say.. such an employer will deserve such an employee....
  • Andy Knnip : Answer to your question is FISH. :smile:

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs